Game-Labs Forum

Game resolution option only 1280x720

Johnny Rotten

I have recently got a new monitor and my resolution is stuck on 1280x720. It is the only resolution available in the options. My desktop resolution is 1920x1080 and other games run with that resolution just fine. Is there any way to force the client to run in 1080?

(i have recently sent a report)

20200422213405_1.jpg

Edited by Johnny Rotten

11 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I have recently got a new monitor and my resolution is stuck on 1280x720. It is the only resolution available in the options. My desktop resolution is 1920x1080 and other games run with that resolution just fine. Is there any way to force the client to run in 1080?

(i have recently sent a report)

20200422213405_1.jpg

Greetings,

Please try this workaround:

21 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Hi I did try that fix, no luck, the game is still stuck with one resolution option. I tried it a second time to be sure and it makes no difference.

another workaround that might help:

1) close the game,

2) open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game-Labs\Naval Action 

3) delete all files in the folder

After this, launch Naval Action and check the issue.

Quick update : I have tried editing Screenmanager Resolution Height/Width to my desired resolution in regedit and it works for a split second on the server selection screen, before jumping back to the 1280x720 resolution. It seems the game is forcing me into that resolution for some reason.

I have tried locking the permissions to read only but it has no effect and reverts to the lower resolution again

Edited by Johnny Rotten

14 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Quick update : I have tried editing Screenmanager Resolution Height/Width to my desired resolution in regedit and it works for a split second on the server selection screen, before jumping back to the 1280x720 resolution. It seems the game is forcing me into that resolution for some reason.

I have tried locking the permissions to read only but it has no effect and reverts to the lower resolution again

To clarify - have you tried to reinstall the game yet?