Game-Labs Forum

Armour scheme

SonicSuicide

I wanted to ask if there is an opportunity (or the idea to develope a way) to see, how far the different parts of the armour strech and where essential parts of the ship are (like ammo and engine)? Sometimes my ammo-detonation takes part in places, where I did not expect them to be. Also the all-or-nothing scheme of armour is hard to design if you have to fear, that your turret base or ammo depot is outside the citadell.

• Like 5

Yeah, currently I end up doing a homogeneous Belt+BE, cause the Belt doesn't dynamically expand to cover all turrets/barbettes.  Regarding AON, I'm only selecting it if I want to extra protection for my engine spaces/ammo.  So on light cruisers with limited armor, it makes some sense.  On the big capital ships though, the tier IV Turtleback feels better and with how cheap armor is, it's pretty easy to get a solid zone of immunity.  

On 3/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, SonicSuicide said:

I wanted to ask if there is an opportunity (or the idea to develope a way) to see, how far the different parts of the armour strech and where essential parts of the ship are (like ammo and engine)? Sometimes my ammo-detonation takes part in places, where I did not expect them to be. Also the all-or-nothing scheme of armour is hard to design if you have to fear, that your turret base or ammo depot is outside the citadell.

secondaries have smaller ammunition stores that may also explode. This really is a question for @Nick Thomadis. But iirc he has said in the past that barbettes are modeled within the ship.

If you're reading this nick, a Q&A day about some of the games mechanics would be cool.

• Like 2