Game-Labs Forum

Greetings from Argentina!

SuperEtendard

Hello captains! I'm SuperEtendard and just won a key code for this title ^^

As you can tell by my username, I am an aviation fan mostly, and I played a couple flight sims. But I like naval stuff too, have been into Silent Hunter III and IV, really enjoyed those two sims.
I would consider myself a sim player, I like realism and inmersion, to learn how people used these vehicles, the tactics involved, and try to represent them in the sims. Also i'm fan of historical accuracy, that feeling when you are doing something like the people did back in those days, i know there are light years difference between the virtual sims and reality, but still, it's cool to feel the immersion and somewhat "imagine" that i'm there.

Really looking forward to this title, as I first saw in videos catched up my interest, as it was something at least myself haven't seen before, saling ships from between 300-200 years ago, also the period of history involved... pretty cool, the Modern Era pretty much gave the first steps into molding the world we have today, so why not to like? :)

I heard the community here is nice, so looking forward to that too... really wanting to sail and combat with other people in team. Had enough solo wolf hunting in my German Type VII U-Boot and in my blue US Gato Class Sub :P , this is about fleets and ships working together ^^ and really cool for this to be aiming to be an open world online game.

So that's it, I hope to have fun with this game, I think I will :)

~S~

Welcome to combat under sail. Although I still enjoy a bit of SH4 sneaky sub combat as well  :)

Thanks ^_^  I think i didn't expres myself very well... I didn't mean I no longer like Silent Hunter, I meant that online fleet vs fleet with a lot of players involved really interest me as something new because before it was only single player offline, that should be better :P

Nice, sneaking into those convoys hehe. If you dont have it, I recommend you the "Operation Monsun" mega mod for SH4, it brings mostly all german subs used in WW2, with all the theaters in which operated (Black Sea, Baltic Sea, Artic Ocean, everything), it brings the german sub campaign levels above SH III, also you can enjoy the better graphics and better physics (i've been told) and the better features of SH4 in your classic german U-Boote. You can start your campaing in training flotillas and then beign deployed to combat. It takes out the type XVIII and replaces it with the type XXI. You can use the little type XXIII Elektroboot too, and this one unlike its bigger brother, indeed saw combat and sunk ships, without any loses ^^

Just do not mention SH5 or I shall cry. A great example of what happens when you dumb something down and try to give it more 'popular appeal'.

NA Devs please take note. You potentially have something really special here because it is different and feels real. If you try to broaden the appeal to too wide a market you risk wrecking it.

• Like 1

Just do not mention SH5 or I shall cry. A great example of what happens when you dumb something down and try to give it more 'popular appeal'.

NA Devs please take note. You potentially have something really special here because it is different and feels real. If you try to broaden the appeal to too wide a market you risk wrecking it.

Easy, I tried SH5 and didn't liked it either ;) All this mod campaign is the same style as per SH4. I said it was above SH III because it has more theaters, and the more dynamic missions of SH4,  restock in friendly ports, ask for aerial recon, good radio communication with the command and updates of missions, etc.