Game-Labs Forum

Not grasping mechanics

CameraGeek

Please forgive my ignorance, and I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I have never played an "Ultimate" game before, and some of the mechanics for controlling units I am not finding intuitive.  What is most frustrating for me at the moment, is how to capture a surrendered ship.  I can deploy the boat, but getting it to board the surrendered ship seems beyond me.  It either goes rowing off into the great beyond, or just does laps around the beaten enemy.  I can't seem to actually capture the thing.

Controlling land units is another problem, but that's a question for another day.

Thank you for any help.

Once you have the boat deployed, select it, then put your mouse over the surrendered vessel and right click.  As you do this, you should see a small boarding icon over the surrendered vessel as you right click the mouse.

I’ve played both UGCW and NA and they both have very steep learning curves and also since I've played them I understand the underlying basics of this game, even before buying it.

Now we have the learning combination of both of them all rolled up into AoS. I do wonder how a new player, totally green or with absolutely no experience with GameLabs games would learn this game with the tutorials available.

Even a player who has brought a PC for the very first time and is playing his very first pc game, AoS, how would this player manage?

Take War Thunder, its tank tutorial is a step by step guide through every aspect of that single tank, just a single barrel object, nothing that simple in AoS.

AoS, even GameLabs overall would do well to invest into compensative tutorials.

Edited by Skeksis

Of no doubt I am comparing them to others games, alot of games too and maybe the same for you @pandakraut.

And of all of those games these tutorials are very limited as an helping walk through aid.

But hey it’s just my opinion but one I’m trying to see from a greenhorn point of view.

Edited by Skeksis

I definitely think a campaign overview tutorial would be helpful. A brief tutorial or a manual explaining the available controls would also be useful.

More of a walk through style battle tutorial seems more appropriate for a youtube playthrough.