Game-Labs Forum

Screen Freezing pt2

OldIronsides/Volks63

Good Afternoon Naval Action,

As per last forum post on this subject. My problem has repeated the same issues again and  the work around you gave me no longer works. Would a video of my problem help?  Please help and thank you.

Your Humble Sailor,

Volks63

On 3/1/2020 at 12:22 AM, OldIronsides/Volks63 said:

Good Afternoon Naval Action,

As per last forum post on this subject. My problem has repeated the same issues again and  the work around you gave me no longer works. Would a video of my problem help?  Please help and thank you.

Your Humble Sailor,

Volks63

Greetings Captain.Yes, a video of the problem would help to understand it better, if you have one, please upload it on YouTube or similar service

Hi!

Sorry to interfere, but I have seen exactly the same issue last year on my computer (Game runs, but rendered window freezes, max load on assigned cpu cores). For me the problem was related to the near death of my GPU (a GTX1080). For the first months underclocking the GPU & memory with MSI Afterburner helped, but it got more and more problematic. I reduced all settings to a minimum and played in a ~halfscreen window and that worked somehow until I got my current 2060 Super. Other games didn't have any issues in the beginning, later some had pixel errors and it got worse up to geometry errors.

So my suggestion is to try to run the game in a smaller window and underclock both GPU and VRAM step by step to see if it gets better.