Game-Labs Forum

Design the H class

Mooncatt

•  
  • Mooncatt
  • Members
  • 56 posts

hello guys.

I do apologise if this post comes across as a bit of a rant, it isn't meant to be.

so, as the title suggests im trying to do the H class mission. 

built a great BB using the "more funds" option. I have ridiculous amounts of armour, so much so the enemy are unable to pen me at any angle. im using 18" guns and secondaries for the smaller ships. ive managed to get one enemy BB down to about 40% before it turned around and ran. the same with the 2nd BB. ive got the slowest BB (21knts top speed) down to 24%. I don't have any issues keeping up with them as ive got a 27knt top speed. the fastest enemy BB has 24.5 top speed. 

ive now used nearly a 1000 shells and now ive got under 400 left and ive still got a 40% BB left to sink as well as the one that im targeting at 24%. desn't matter how many times I do damage the structural integrity will not go down even with 200+ damaging hits. I know theres an issue with sinking ships that are trying to run away as the same compartment that your hitting cant be destroyed twice (or something like that). so my question is this, what the hell am I supposed to do? im gonna run out of shells very soon. (yes, I took the increased ammo loadout)

it isn't the first time ive seen this problem, and its been mentioned lots of times before so im a little perplexed as to why this hasn't been addressed yet as it seems to be a major issue. any help will be greatly received as this is frustrating as hell.

Edited by Mooncatt

Target the "Hood" (BC) - you can always read mission objectives in top left corner of the screen.

It can be tricky to hit, though. Especially from a safe distance. And I ran into this problem, too. Unfortunately, these days it all goes down to luck and insanely big calibers. Historicity has to be sacrificed in order to beat missions with crackpot enemies.

Hopefully, in the future AI will be using historical, or at least more sensibe ship designs, in order to somehow mitigate this problem. 

Edited by Shaftoe
  • Like 2

could of sworn it said sink all BBs lol maybe Im thinking about another mission I tried the other day and im getting them mixed up. 

EDIT: I just checked, ive named the post wrong, its "design the H class" im so sorry guys lol ill fix it now

I've beaten it once through complete luck.  I went with max tech and a very minimum tonnage ship (for torpedo beats), closed to short range (5 or 6KM) and successfully ammo detonated both ships with rapid-fire 16" guns.  Most of the time though, I only succeed in sinking one of the ships, with the second fleeing as you've seen.  Once you're in a stern chase, you're pretty much done.