Game-Labs Forum

The Us Superbattleship

Tomtom

Hi guys,

I am really struggling on this one , destroy 70% of the BB's well protected by a swarm of DD with 22km torpedoes before a big bully will join the party  .

I tried many different configs (1 super BB with 4x3 18", best rangefinder , good armor , worked ok with 2BB and 5 DD sunk but when the remaining  badly damaged enemy BBs escape , they are covered by the super BB @30kt in the opposite direction . So at the end, not enough speed to close the distance and only few rounds left (even with increased shells) . Building 2 BB's with a fair balance of gunpower and survivability (4x3 16"), I could barely sunk 1 BB and damage @40% another one , and then same story, escape @30kt , and a Super BB which has the range to finish my BBs off. 

I found that one quite easy actually. Forget about the secondary guns and torpedo protection as the DDs won't get within 20km of you. Go for 30 speed, 5x18" 3 gun turrets, heavy shells and TNT and deck armour. Try HE everyonce in a while and focus on only the 3 older BBs, take out the fastest one first, the the other two. Fire a few shells at the big BB that comes and it will turn soon.

Opomba 2020-02-14 120952.png

Opomba 2020-02-14 121117.png

• Thanks 1

I used max money and made 2 battleships. Using superior speed (36kn) and a mass of secondaries to stop the DD's from getting close. I focused on sinking the larger division and let the lone one escape. Speed also helped a lot in chasing them down at the end. 2 Battleships gave me 18 18" guns which are fast and well protected from gunfire. The secondary armament of 10 or 15 6" guns worked quite well in repelling the DD attacks while moving away from them.
image.thumb.png.38fbf94ec018d1448af2f4650f9c221e.png

• Thanks 1