Game-Labs Forum

Objects in Motion

doublebuck

I sent a F11 however I would like to know if anybody destroyed all the enemy ships in this battle?  I captured flores and thresa  and sunk one of the two giant ships then decided to retreat and got a defeat is that normal or is there a certain place to send all the ships for it says this is not a battle we can beat all the enemy ships?

2 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

You need to survive, and that means survive on the field. Running away doesn't count for that, otherwise there would have been no battle to begin with at such inferiority of force.

Well I think that is stupid. At the start of the battle on the screen it shows you need to eliminate the enemy but when you look at the objective in the goals menu it says save fleet so how are you suppose to save your fleet without destroying all the enemy like those two 74 gun ships?

If you are worried about a player just starting a battle and then sailing away with their fleet instead of fighting at all then you could require as an objective to have to at least destroy a certain ship in that battle before a player could then sail away so what you are saying to me is whether if I could not destroy all those ships then somehow I am suppose to sail around until the timer goes down what fun would that be?

Only in this battle you are told to fight which I did then at some point when you can't win and the only objective is save fleet so in any other battle you can sail to a red zone or a border and retreat to save your fleet. All I am saying is I fought that 5 hour battle sunk one, capture two and retreated to the borders and the battle gives me a defeat and I think that is stupid compared to all the other battles.

I guess my answer will be for this particular battle I will have to send a few explosive barrels to knock out those two 74 gun ships then I will deal with the rest which it seems this battle is forcing me to fight to the death seeing at some point it doesn't respect the save fleet retreat which is this case is a not working right save fleet. All the other battles have true objectives and clear red zones and such.  

Each of us have a POV about every battle in this game.  This battle tells you when the two 74 gun ships get here it's time for you to get away so without a safe red zone this is already a botched save fleet objective.

If you look at the goals it doesn't say eliminate fleet it only shows SAVE FLEET!  Again this alone is a broken objective surely you shouldn't have to sail around and around and around until the 5 hours ends even then I don't think it would end.

You should make a red zone in this battle and make another objective like we have to destroy a certain ship.

No one should go into this battle thinking at some point you can sail to a border and win for you will get a defeat and it won't accept that you saved your fleet.

As you have mentioned, the objectives need some work and are being worked on. However, because they are hardcoded it takes time to actually make these changes. Also, only one of the ships is a 74 gun Bellona, the other is an ardent. For the lore, you are essentially breaking a blockade and making it possible for the siege of Savannah and so it is critical that you eliminate the fleet. Allowing them to survive would most likely result in the fall of Savannah and so having you just run away would not make sense. Not every battle is a hit run, some like this one are true large scale battles with strategic importance that cannot be ignored.

5 hours ago, WilliamTheIII said:

As you have mentioned, the objectives need some work and are being worked on. However, because they are hardcoded it takes time to actually make these changes. Also, only one of the ships is a 74 gun Bellona, the other is an ardent. For the lore, you are essentially breaking a blockade and making it possible for the siege of Savannah and so it is critical that you eliminate the fleet. Allowing them to survive would most likely result in the fall of Savannah and so having you just run away would not make sense. Not every battle is a hit run, some like this one are true large scale battles with strategic importance that cannot be ignored.

True but do you bother to read what they prompt you as the battle starts so all I am saying is go ahead make it life or death but in this case it is not that. You might think so and I just played it again and left that bastard ship and one other and the time ran out and because all my ships are on the ocean I got a victory so you do not have to wipe out the enemy to win but you can't go to the borders for retreat. I think some of you guys always gets me wrong.  This game and it's battles can be played many ways and that some of the battles are hit and run and there is no shame in sparing your fleet at that point. You can always do more than the next guy. Nobody is saying we should retreat the moment the battle starts but when a battle reflects at a point to retreat then a safe zone should be available for the fleet to retreat.  

18 minutes ago, doublebuck said:

True but do you bother to read what they prompt you as the battle starts so all I am saying is go ahead make it life or death but in this case it is not that. You might think so and I just played it again and left that bastard ship and one other and the time ran out and because all my ships are on the ocean I got a victory so you do not have to wipe out the enemy to win but you can't go to the borders for retreat. I think some of you guys always gets me wrong.  This game and it's battles can be played many ways and that some of the battles are hit and run and there is no shame in sparing your fleet at that point. You can always do more than the next guy. Nobody is saying we should retreat the moment the battle starts but when a battle reflects at a point to retreat then a safe zone should be available for the fleet to retreat.  

As previously mentioned, the objective text as well as the battle descriptions and cut scene text are all being reviewed so that they sync up between themselves and the actual battle objectives. 

Edited by pandakraut