Game-Labs Forum

To validate any of your designs, used to model with it using real life designs too see how close they were, it was pretty good on bb's and bc's... got a bit ropey with ca's and cl's and really struggled with dd's. It's just when I see people playing scenarios the first thing they do is reduce the range and up the deck armour...all well and good but not realistic in the slightest...

11 minutes ago, Theresnobiscuits said:

To validate any of your designs, used to model with it using real life designs too see how close they were, it was pretty good on bb's and bc's... got a bit ropey with ca's and cl's and really struggled with dd's. It's just when I see people playing scenarios the first thing they do is reduce the range and up the deck armour...all well and good but not realistic in the slightest...

if i understood what you mean by reduce the range
they reduce the range because academy does not have distance as a result having almost zero coal is enough for academy mission. For campaign your ship will be stuck in a neutral port probably if you do not have enough fuel. 

That makes perfect sense and would reflect real world criteria for warship production (American and Japanese fleets needed Pacific range, Great Britian Colonial range...almost everybody else only needed the range to attack or defend against the nearest neighbours)...and your quite right, academy is driving the creation of massive coastal battleships...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 9:39 PM, Theresnobiscuits said:

That makes perfect sense and would reflect real world criteria for warship production (American and Japanese fleets needed Pacific range, Great Britian Colonial range...almost everybody else only needed the range to attack or defend against the nearest neighbours)...and your quite right, academy is driving the creation of massive coastal battleships...

Exactly - the design is affected external factors - if I need every little bit to be certain I will beat the scenario then I will drop every bit of dead weight like radio or food/coal.

But I do, for fun, put constrains on my self - those that are logical for someone who never played this type of game or has any experience with the subject. So if I design a battle cruiser then I add truckload of fuel and design for speed with minimal armor. And then test in scenarios. The difficulty level increases obviously...

But anyway, thanks for the tool. Learn something new every day.