Game-Labs Forum

Optional missions how?

Bremg

How is this intended? You cannot obviously use strategy on the secondary missions since there is no way of knowing how much "1 turn" is.

So how is the dev intendig for us to use the side missions?

I really really hate the current implementation of having to replay 1-3 missions because a vital ship is away for god knows how long 1 turn is..

The current implementation is really easy to fix but hasn't been fixed so I guess its intended..

Points of Interest resolve when the stage ends. The duration of 1 indicates that the PoI will take 1 stage ending to complete. The Availability indicates if the PoI will remain available if you don't complete it in the current stage.

A common approach is to leave a land battle for the end of the stage. All your non-transport ships can then be assigned to PoI's while your land units complete the battle. Investing career points in luck and not getting rid of your smallest ships can also make this easier.

If you have proposed solution for improving how side battles are handled it would be helpful to detail what that solution is so that its merits can be considered.

I see, so there is logic to it. 

I guess I'm having trouble discerning when a stage happens. I assume its when I've done all the missions. 
I thought new missions just popped up when I've done some other missions but I didn't know I just ended a stage..

Thanks!

• Like 1

With all the updates it seems we have to end the chapter manually instead of the last battle in the chapter for some of the POI's to execute.  A turn should be just like it states one turn. Most games that are turn based 1 equals 1 duration so my POV is if I set a POI then I complete one battle that should satisfy the 1 duration. I know this is not the case I am just saying I would like it that way.  

Yes but completing a battle isn't a turn. The stages themselves are the turn and that's when the poi ends. Despite there being dates on all the battles, it is purely for lore purposes. The only thing that actually advances time is the end stage and everything within a given stage is essentially frozen in time.