Game-Labs Forum

Totally Inaccurate and Unofficial UAD Hardware Survey

roachbeef

What type of hardware are you using?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What type of graphics card are you using?

• No dedicated graphics card (iGPU)
    • Entry-level (GT series)
    • Medium (GTX 960, GTX 1050Ti, etc.)
    • High (GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 2060, RX Vega, etc.)
    • Highest (GTX 1080, GTX 1080Ti, Titan or GTX 2070 and above)
  2. 2. What type of CPU are you using?

• Toaster (basically Pentiums)
    • Low-performance (most laptop-grade CPUs e.g. i5-7500U)
    • Medium-performance (desktop-grade i5 and above; Ryzen 5 and below)
    • High-performance (4790K, i7-6700K and later, Ryzen 7 and later)
  3. 3. Do you use an SSD to install UA:D or plan to do so?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. What resolution are you planning to play UA:D in?

• 1024x768
    • 1280x720
    • 1600x900
    • 1920x1080 (or ultrawide equivalent)
    • 2560x1440 (or ultrawide equivalent)
    • 3840x2160 (a.k.a. 4K)

I have been wondering about the compromises and abstractions needed to optimize the game to a playable level. While I am of the belief that more frames is always better* and tend to adjust my graphics settings to get a good FPS, there is an asterisk that it cannot be at the cost of critical features. I think if we all share info about our hardware specs, then everybody will be more informed on what level of simplification is needed.

One might just use the Steam Hardware Survey (https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam), but there is a possibility that the demographic of this game has a rig that is either more powerful or less powerful than that of the average Steam user. And while I believe the devs are getting hardware info from bug reports, there is a chance that the people who send bug reports tend to either have lower-performance hardware (hence the issues) or higher-performance hardware (because they're hardcore gamers or something).

As the poll only offers up to 30 responses and I don't want to clutter the screen, I've simplified the responses to general levels. If unsure what to do, consider everything up to "Primary Display Resolution" in the below image (most popular Steam Hardware Survey responses) to be representative of a high-end (not top-end) hardware configuration.

hw.thumb.PNG.a2b02a3af24ec6d325d0c09dda0d9843.PNG

2 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

Where would you put the AMD RX 5700XT? It's a very capapble 1440p card, in the range of the 2070 series.

I'd consider it a highest-tier graphics card, better than a 1080 but slightly worse than a 1080 Ti.

Edited by roachbeef

7 hours ago, Zak MacKay said:

The vote options are for just estimations. But their should probably be another level bellow medium for basic.

Yours would be medium for graphics as basic does not exist. Low for CPU performance.

Hmm ok, my pc is around 6-7 years old now at this point, however i can still play dreadnoughts at around 50-75fps depending on game mode on 1600x1080 resolution with i think simple or average graphics ticked (not sure if it would run better at some higher selections).

I need a new pc anyways, can't remove the graphics card cus the bracket for it is messed up so trying to remove it could make it impossible to keep the sodding thing in place (or any other card for that matter).

• Like 1