Game-Labs Forum

Clan delivery missions

Kulturni

Question

So today I was offered a "clan delivery mission". Never heard of them before. Looked on the internet and found some discussions but they all assumed you knew what these missions were - the discussions centred on how they should be tweaked. I discovered that someone else had asked the exact same question - what are clan delivery missions? - and received an "answer" that seemed to expect him to already know what they were.

The other delivery missions are described in a pretty straightforward fashion, here's something that needs to go somewhere before such and such a date, this is how much you will earn.

With clan delivery missions no such luck. First you are told that this is about "exchanging goods for rare resources". Then, in this case, that the "goods" are 15,000 doubloons. You are also told that your reward will be 5,000 teak logs. Reward for what? Where's the "delivery" part of this? Where do the "24 hours" kick in?  What happens with the remaining 995,000 logs? Am I simply being suckered into paying this absurd amount for a measly 5 thousand logs? That may have been a reasonable exchange rate at some point but it certainly isn't today on the PvE server

Have the devs incorporated the infamous Nigerian 419 scam into the game? 🙂

Here's the window that popped up when I tried to accept the mission. If anyone knows where I can read up on these things I would much appreciate a pointer.

image.thumb.png.3fb143b8b63a309bbde4e10c392deb72.png

2 answers to this question

better post this in Q& A. Maybe a mod will relocate it.

Clan delivery missions are a feature that was designed pre-release for the PvP server. Back then it was possible to obtain teak logs only in two ports were they were dropping. To level this out some more ports got these clan missions to enable clans and their players without access to those dropping ports to get some teak also. It wasn't cheap either back then, but somewhat affordable as the exchange rate for doubloons was approx 50 reals. Was a feature for all rare woods ofc.

To get the wood you have to deliver 15k doubs. 24 hrs later you can take delivery of 5k logs. The doubs can be delivered in instalments.

11 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

better post this in Q& A. Maybe a mod will relocate it.

Clan delivery missions are a feature that was designed pre-release for the PvP server. Back then it was possible to obtain teak logs only in two ports were they were dropping. To level this out some more ports got these clan missions to enable clans and their players without access to those dropping ports to get some teak also. It wasn't cheap either back then, but somewhat affordable as the exchange rate for doubloons was approx 50 reals. Was a feature for all rare woods ofc.

To get the wood you have to deliver 15k doubs. 24 hrs later you can take delivery of 5k logs. The doubs can be delivered in instalments.

true, they are for no use today as you can grow whatever tree you want in your port if you invest into it. So another mechanic which is a waste of space now..

• Like 1