Game-Labs Forum

Spamming low caliber rounds till the enemy explodes

Zak MacKay

So right now one of my main strategies is to load full of secondary guns, high tier but smaller main guns and armor. Get close and just hammer them with shells. Some non battleships have pretty weak armor so can be penetrated even by 2" shells. With enough shells penetrating the target one will eventually cause a magazine detonation usually sinking it.

Once you get things like radar it seems this stratagy no longer works. Main guns are now accurate over long distances, theirs a lot more focus on fast battleships over cruisers, and torpedoes can fire outside of secondary weapons effective range. But in early missions it seems to dominate.

Maybe something should be done so battlecruisers don't lose a gun fight to a destroyer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RedParadize said:

I can reliably kill a battlecruiser with a Destroyer. But AI do make really allot of poor design choices!

Yeah but right now there's the bug where the AI won't shoot.

As far as a CC being killed by DD guns, you'd have to put some effort in. You'd have to entirely forgo using barbettes, skimp on belt armor beyond reason, and use some really fickle powder.

I wonder if he is talking about engaging at a range greater than his detection range and just staying there spamming shells. If that's the case this may serve him now but wont once screeners are active in the random fleets we will engage in the campaign.