Game-Labs Forum

Union melee squishiness.

Redwolf4

Hey, new player here. Love the game, but I have some questions about just how squishy Union troops are in melee, it seems like any time it even looks like the confederates have fixed bayonets, Union troops just up and run. Is there something I'm missing here? Because it is making it exceptionally hard to hold a position with them.

Great to hear another voice. Myself and two other friends play about 10 games a day. We've stopped playing many maps cause the Union is generally hosed. We've concluded that the game is broken. They rarely have a numerical advantage and the moral of most units so low it borders on the absurd. The game needs fixing in this area badly.

Yeah, no, I get that, but what I'm saying is that the difference between the two is far too pronounced IMO. Yes, The confederates should have the advantage when it comes to the charge, and the Union should be relying on superior application of firepower, but the difference shouldn't be so wide that a simple charge can carry the day. The Union should be a little more capable in holding ground and the Confederacy should have to prep a position with rifle and cannon fire to whittle that morale down more often. That is just what I'm feeling playing this though, and I am starting to win more battles now I have a better understanding of Morale.