Game-Labs Forum

gun icons in shipyard just a yellow box

Mooncatt

as the title suggests, I logged on this evening and got this weird bug. it wasn't like this yesterday and since there hasn't been a patch today ive no idea whats wrong.

it doesn't matter what mission I pick some of the main gun icons and most of the secondary gun icons are just a yellow box. anyone know whats going on??

Untitled.png

7 minutes ago, Mooncatt said:

as the title suggests, I logged on this evening and got this weird bug. it wasn't like this yesterday and since there hasn't been a patch today ive no idea whats wrong.

it doesn't matter what mission I pick some of the main gun icons and most of the secondary gun icons are just a yellow box. anyone know whats going on??

Greetings!

Could you please locate output_log text file in the game flies (Games\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\default\game\build_Data) and send it to ink@navalaction.com with a brief description (you can copy your message here and include your forum name)

8 minutes ago, Ink said:

Greetings!

Could you please locate output_log text file in the game flies (Games\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\default\game\build_Data) and send it to ink@navalaction.com with a brief description (you can copy your message here and include your forum name)

email sent :)

• Like 1

Already sent my latest copy of the log regarding this but thought id also post here as well. I can't even enter a battle anymore, i get an error saying "too many threads" do we know of a fix for all of the above yet? Because im totally unable to play now. 

After some testing I realize this is connected to the ctrl+alt+shift+a menu and selecting "Ship give all techs".

This used to work just fine before, now it causes all sorts of issues, which is quite sad since most of the enjoyment come from messing around with wierd ship designs not intented for the missions. Already completed most of them on normal settings.

2 hours ago, Doxs_Roxs said:

I saw in another thread a tip to remove the \Users\'username'\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\settings.xml

This resolved the issue for me and everything is working again.

ohh , ill give this a try. thanks mate. ill let you know!

2 hours ago, Doxs_Roxs said:

I saw in another thread a tip to remove the \Users\'username'\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\settings.xml

This resolved the issue for me and everything is working again.

well mate, it worked!! thankyou so much, it was driving me crazy. ive lost all my progress but I don't care! 

On 11/16/2019 at 1:47 AM, Doxs_Roxs said:

After some testing I realize this is connected to the ctrl+alt+shift+a menu and selecting "Ship give all techs".

This used to work just fine before, now it causes all sorts of issues, which is quite sad since most of the enjoyment come from messing around with wierd ship designs not intented for the missions. Already completed most of them on normal settings.

I actually suspect it has more to do with the crtl+alt+shift+a option of "Use future config" as I've only ever used "Unlock all parts" before getting this issue.

"Unlock all parts" appears in the menu as long as you are outside the Ship Designer while "Ship give all techs" only appears inside.  They do have different functions.  Just mentioning it as it may be an important distinction for chasing down the bugs.

Either way deleting the settings.xml file does indeed seem to remedy this.

Edited by monbvol
clarification

14 minutes ago, flaviohc16 said:

am i the only one that just can't find this settings.xml? the game  those not even follow the "folder tree" that everyone is showing, for example in my pc ultimate admiral is sho0wn directly as a folder withouth the "gamelabs" pre-folder

Please follow this workaround:

open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

There will be the settings.xml file

• Like 1

• 3 months later...