Game-Labs Forum

New player help

tariusan

First I want to say an amazing game. I always loved total war games, but this is so much better then any TW.

I been playing for couple days and finally managed to win 1 game vs Cautious AI as Confederate(strategic win, I assume there is another type of win where you destroy Union completely?). I also had to do it in the first day. Couple games I tried that went longer my losses just became overwhelming and I could not crush the Union on the last day no matter what.

I was wondering if there is a good guide that could help me improve? Biggest issues I have are Artillery positioning. It seems to be the thing that if you can get right wins a battle. Also how to minimize casualties. Brigades from the first day seem to get completely bled dry by the end and become almost useless and this is vs the weakest AI. To get a better win do you need to completely encircle Union and destroy most of the brigades?

Thanks!

Thanks a lot awesome guide.

Seems like I can beat the easier AI now relatively ok, beat Opportunist with not much issue in the same way and the losses were more lopsided in my favour about 19k vs 28k. I guess this is normal for the period even when you win losses are massive. I don't really know much about US Civil War except just basics.

One of my issues before was that I was not watching Morale close enough, falling back really helps a lot. Before I would let many brigades break and only then replace then with what I had in reserve.

Also charging once enemy unit starts blinking is an awesome tip

Welcome to our community! Use often fall back to lure an Ai unit and strike it from the flanks with other units. Also group your arty units, assign them a group number and a specific type of ammo. By having all of them in auto, will result to fire often and get tired too soon. These will be useful when you'll meet the frenzy Risky...