Game-Labs Forum

Add other major nations

Cesar2b

Hi, i must confess i haven't bought the game yet, but i find rather sad that some  important navys in the begging of the 20 century were left behind.

If you look at South America at the time, the Argentinian, Chilean and Brazilian navy had an rather large and powerful navy, although mostly consistent of pre dreadnaughts ships.

Specially Brazil that had recently developed new ships design from the experience learned in the Paraguay war, even ordering 3 dreadnaughts , that woild become the most powerful of their time (one would become HMS Agincourt with its 14x 12 inch guns!) starting an arms race with Chile and Argentina.

Although after most of this nation's became minor nations after WWI, i still think that i would be very valid to add them in game, and it would give the player a very different gameplay perspective ,from nation's that start with good tech but by the end game become rather Obsolete, but have the perks of not being in any active conflict.

Not only that but i would help populate the south hemisphere with playable nation's, adding more to the game.

Best regards

"Hi guys,

i never played the game, but i have a suggestion to make. "

Hi Cesar,

the devs dont even listen to an average player, so that you know. So the best thing is, you either play the game, or forget about this forum.

I'm personally hoping that we will see national naval budgets in game that closely reflect reality. So we will see countries like the US, Germany and UK being 'easy', while countries like Spain, Italy and Austro-Hungary will be 'hard'. If this is the case, then countries like those in South America wouldn't really be very playable at all.

That being said, I am very much wanting minor nations to be represented in game. Selling ships to smaller countries and forming alliances with them would be cool, as well as seeing them build smaller navies and engage in wars with their neighbours, perhaps causing a diplomatic crisis.

1 hour ago, TheCrazyScot said:

I'm personally hoping that we will see national naval budgets in game that closely reflect reality. So we will see countries like the US, Germany and UK being 'easy', while countries like Spain, Italy and Austro-Hungary will be 'hard'. If this is the case, then countries like those in South America wouldn't really be very playable at all.

That being said, I am very much wanting minor nations to be represented in game. Selling ships to smaller countries and forming alliances with them would be cool, as well as seeing them build smaller navies and engage in wars with their neighbours, perhaps causing a diplomatic crisis.

In RTW 2 which I know this game is compared to a bunch, they have a historical naval budget for all nations and then an option for a more balanced budget.  In the historical game the UK starts off with the largest budget by almost double.  I wouldn't mind seeing something similar for this game as I would like the play some smaller nations and have some what of a chance right off the bat against a larger nation.

2 hours ago, Goldeneye55 said:

In RTW 2 which I know this game is compared to a bunch, they have a historical naval budget for all nations and then an option for a more balanced budget.  In the historical game the UK starts off with the largest budget by almost double.  I wouldn't mind seeing something similar for this game as I would like the play some smaller nations and have some what of a chance right off the bat against a larger nation.

Yes but in RTW II you can edit the BNAT.1920 file ;)

9 hours ago, akd said:

They both fought major naval engagements in this time period.  Of course they lost, but perhaps they won’t under your leadership.

By that Token, Bulgaria and Greece should be great powers too, due to the actions they fought against the Ottomans.