Game-Labs Forum

Leaving Battle?

Jack Spencer

Question

In open ocean I was tagged by 3 hostile ships. I managed to finally escape after avoiding getting hit after a long run (Leave Battle). I thought I would be safe. But to my surprise, before I could reach full sail, they tagged me again. Is there something I should have done to avoid a retag? I thought the game sped you off in a safe direction to avoid appearing in sight of the enemy.

Edited by Jack Spencer
misspelling
  • Like 1

2 answers to this question

The invisibility lasts for only about 30 seconds, this can be decreased if you are unfortunate enough to encounter lag upon entering open world.

In addition, there has been a reported issue that the first time you enter a battle or open world you will encounter a delay. I have not heard of this occurring more than once but it is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Edited by Raekur
added note

I've been confused by this as well. I think it has something to do with enemy waters, but I'm not completely sure. Sometimes, I have the burst of speed, but sometimes I do not; I just haven't paid attention enough as to when and where I am when it happens. Make sure you are pressing W before Open World loads, so that your sails are full once it does load. Client / host sync can cause the burst of speed to not be present if you are lagging a bit.