Game-Labs Forum

Kicked to Desk Top et al

TiGGerDave

PRIVET

2019/08/03 @ Approx 2030  Server time

CLAN: VCO

I am located in Eastern Time Zone / Canada / Hard Connection CAT 6 cable. 

I was fleeted: Main // P Frigate / Fleet TBrig and P Frigate. ICW (In company with) ANGUS MacDuff: Main // Herc / Fleet TBrig and TRINC).

We had departed CABO CANAVERAL; destination;  TUMBADO. Somewhere S and / or in vicinity of Key West? I was kicked to main menu and Desktop twice (possibly 3 times). My pings and connectivity were fine (112 PING average?).

However I was able to reconnect immediately 2 of the 3 times.

ANGUS and I decided to drop sail and exit using "WAIT" 120 secs so I could completely conduct a hard reboot of computer / INET and router.

System would try to load my character (TiGGer 21 82) but system would hang or I would enter OW with just water visible .... similar to being at periscope depth looking through the Eye Piece.  periscope View would persist for approx 2-3 minutes then I would be kicked to Desktop.

Final time I tried to run sim..... STEAM install Screen for Naval Action appeared vice PLAY. Why?

I installed, install interestingly took...2 minutes; I selected play...... and boom.... screen showed up as normal....... and there I was left with only my TBRIG.

Yep I would like my two P Frigs returned (I assume some sneaky nation did the right thing and sunk the AFK MAIN and one fleeted Frigate; I always try to make the battle unfair) however.... seems system(s) STEAM and or NA Servers are the fault(s).  Most unlikely my meticulously maintained Naval System Simulator Workstation is the culprit.

I have been a supporter and .... operator of this outstanding SIM from the get go........... I rarely if ever pipe up on forums. I prefer to speak with me big kanone; save the parrots and swig me rhum on the Augie Blue......

Request advise and ..... Have a Great Navy Day.

TiGGs aka TiGGer 21 82

Salute Sir...... no issues well played...... my issue is with the Devs....

Angus and I were trying to troubleshoot.... but to no avail as I was not even logged in as I had been kicked/booted et al. I had been booted off well before you all showed up on the scene. But I was there in Sim only and you indeed have quite the haul.

Cheers and may 1000 Elite Cutters haunt your Trincs 😉

TiGGs

O7

Thanx Sneaky..... 

GFX Card Drivers et all al are updated (1080 DUKE ) and checked everyday....

I "fly" DCS; IL2 and this is the first I have ever had an issue....

the interesting aspect is that i had to INSTALL vice PLAY... yet install was almost immediate.... therefore I believe issue is not at my end.

Ah Well..... 'tis but a game

Cheers Sir

Edited by TiGGerDave

Ive been having the same issue i think. Game randomly crashes to desktop and i can only get as far as loading open world/port screen before it crashes again. Stays like that for at least 5 mins regardless of how many attempts i make to get back in.

Edited by Potemkin