Game-Labs Forum

Port Bonus/Mods/Books/Trims/Player Rank Should Increase BR

This game needs some hello kittying balance. This is one step toward that. There is no way a Oak/Crew Space-Medium Gun-No Mods-No Books-No Port Bonus-Blue  ship navigated by a Captain should have the same 'Battle Rating" as a fully decked out ship with the rarest mods, all encyclopedias, maxed port bonus gold ship sailed by an Admiral.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I wouldn't mind seeing this...

but it would be a crap ton of work to mess with all the BR formulas and each separate mod, book, and trim having a BR I think would cause more headaches than solutions.

Ya that's probably true, but maybe there is a less complicated way. Mods and books are kind of convoluted with their bonuses and would be hard to translate into an equivalent BR. But Port Bonus and trim could be easy, seeing as how they only give buffs and take nothing away.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, Koveras said:

Player rank says nothing about the players ability to do battle.. The ships needs balance, the mods needs balance.. the port bonus' needs balance.. but it needs to be a mechanics fix, not an arbitrary increase in BR which will only make the game more unplayable..

Well I think it would help in regards to PBs (quality vs quantity) and ganks (RoE)