Game-Labs Forum

Victory Marks (useless?)

Noticed that once ports have all their bonuses set up there's very little to no more use for Victory marks? Considering it's the reward the game gives for winning RvR battles it should continue to be a very useful item. 
My suggestion is to please make it so players can buy ship permits from the admiralty shop with Victory marks as well as with combat marks. It would make victory marks far more relevant in the long term, and useful for people that don't need port bonuses or play without a clan. 

• Like 2

don't some ship permits cost victory marks? I could swear some still do. It's never a bad thing to keep your marks safe and wait for an opportunity to use them at a later date, hell, you can even sell them and someone will buy them.

I agree with you though, Personally I believe 1st and 2nd rate permits should only cost victory marks - combat medals should not be used in their cost at all.

2 hours ago, Never said:

Noticed that once ports have all their bonuses set up there's very little to no more use for Victory marks? Considering it's the reward the game gives for winning RvR battles it should continue to be a very useful item. 
My suggestion is to please make it so players can buy ship permits from the admiralty shop with Victory marks as well as with combat marks. It would make victory marks far more relevant in the long term, and useful for people that don't need port bonuses or play without a clan. 

You’ll find plenty of buyers for your useless VM (at the right price) but also consider that you may need to rebuild the port or improve another one in the future. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

don't some ship permits cost victory marks? I could swear some still do. It's never a bad thing to keep your marks safe and wait for an opportunity to use them at a later date, hell, you can even sell them and someone will buy them.

I agree with you though, Personally I believe 1st and 2nd rate permits should only cost victory marks - combat medals should not be used in their cost at all.

Nope all permits cost only combat medals. I like your proposal though. 

31 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth is willing to buy your useless Victory Marks 🧐

You can at La Tortue xD. 

27 minutes ago, Farrago said:

You’ll find plenty of buyers for your useless VM (at the right price) but also consider that you may need to rebuild the port or improve another one in the future. 

Yeah I did consider that, but eventually their use will be very rare. I think they will end being stock piled and have little to no use for most players. Plus combat medals have so many uses, victory marks seem very limited in what you can do with them in comparison. 

2 hours ago, Spikes said:

It would be nice to turn them back into Combat Medals (marks) like we used to be able to do. I agree that it won't be long until we are all swimming in them.

Which would be a good thing. The price will lower for those of us who get few and it will open up more content for more people. 

On 7/11/2019 at 1:46 PM, Farrago said:

Which would be a good thing. The price will lower for those of us who get few and it will open up more content for more people. 

Yeah but even for you and other people that find it harder to get them, you would also eventually have no more need for them. Plus having more uses for them might also serve as motivation for people to go attack more ports for more victory marks.