Game-Labs Forum

Crew Space?

Jack Spencer

Question

In crafting a ship, what does "Crew Space" do? I crafted a ship with crew space, thinking that I would be able to hold more crew. In looking at the crafted ship, the crew allotment as indicated in the ship data is the same as the crafted ship - no increase. I don't find the old "hammocks" mod so what else is needed to increase the crew size on the ship?

4 answers to this question

Crew space trim gives you more crew, but it might not be visible until you actually enter a combat, because it just gives an % increase based on the number of crew you have on the ship. Not sure, but back in the day we had a green + number when we used extra hammocks.

There are also some skill books in admiralty/pirate den (in port), that gives increased crew hp and bording morale penalty, those give you more crew, but I don't remember the name of those books. We also have the light ship hammocks only for 6. - 7. rates that basically are the old extra hammocks and then you can the bonus "Cramped" or "Very cramped" when crafting the ship.

Thanks to all for response. I was looking in the wrong place. Under the ship equipment I find that "cramped" gives me 20 extra crew. In the Admiralty/Books I used Crew Shifts for bonus to hitpoints, morale, and 15 extra crew. I am ready to go cap some traders!

• Like 1