Game-Labs Forum

Confederate Brigadier general level challenge

Celtiberofrog

I've made several campaign in Confederate side in order to reach the lowest losses step by step.

When I reach Washington final battle the best I could reach was 80k confederate men Vs 140k union men...

This battle has a second phase with a massive Union counter-attack on the captured forts, I never managed to win it so far.

I would appreciate feedback from those who won the Washington battle at this level.

I privileged 85% infantry units, (along campaign steps, with large units in 1 corps to achieve most battles, to finally reach 3 Corps), to face such a massive Union forces in Washington. 

Thx  

On 1/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, Celtiberofrog said:

I've made several campaign in Confederate side in order to reach the lowest losses step by step.

When I reach Washington final battle the best I could reach was 80k confederate men Vs 140k union men...

This battle has a second phase with a massive Union counter-attack on the captured forts, I never managed to win it so far.

I would appreciate feedback from those who won the Washington battle at this level.

I privileged 85% infantry units, (along campaign steps, with large units in 1 corps to achieve most battles, to finally reach 3 Corps), to face such a massive Union forces in Washington. 

Thx  

Hi,

It can be won. I achieved it at my second effort.

The first thing you have to do from the very first encounter is to hit the USA troops hard. The higher the casualties you can inflict in every battle will help to keep the size of the Union armies lower.

At the Battle of Washington I fielded 4 Corps. After the battle the result was as follows :-

USA                                                       CSA

Infantry 169475                                   Infantry 73501 

Cavalry 8717                                        Cavalry 0    ( I’m not a fan of Cavalry )

Guns 881                                               Guns 185

CASUALTIES 

Infantry 116996                                   Infantry 52504

Cavalry 5332                                         Cavalry 0

Guns 241                                               Guns 92

Missing 507                                           Missing 120

In order to stand a chance I would suggest you need to field 4 Corps. Mine varied in numbers and ability.

I started by looking to take the victory locations and leaving a small garrison at each and moved on to the others.

You need to capture all victory locations on day 1. On day 2 just hold. Don’t be demoralised by the number of Union units you will see on day 2 as they are mainly artillery. I left them alone and just looked to hold.

When it came to holding Washington I retreated my troops to Washington in order to have to hold a small area so to negate the Union numbers. They made rash attempts to retake Washington and suffered heavy losses.

It was close. I was constantly looking at the time to see how much longer I had left !

As you can see I inflicted heavy losses and of course took heavy casualties.

As it is the ‘last battle’, I sold all weapons that I did not require in order to field as many troops reasonably well armed.

I know it is not easy. But it is possible.

You really must field 4 Corps.

Should you have any questions. I will do my best to answer them. I am not a veteran of UG. But I still managed to win in my second campaign.

I found out from my first campaign it is really important to fully understand how the Barracks work. The battles maybe won on the field but careful planning needs to be made in Barracks. On a number of occasions I found myself spending 2 hours or more.  Making sure everything was just how I wanted my Corps.

All the best

Edited by contact
Error

• 1 month later...

Celtiberofrog,

If you haven't already, I suggest you look at my posts at

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/23669-2nd-battle-of-bull-run/?tab=comments#comment-497943

and

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/23356-csa-washington-bg-level/?tab=comments#comment-482692

as to philosophical and tactical means that have been successful for me.

I start allocating my points toward army organization and politics to assist me in creating the largest possible Southern army, and for me, the philosophy changes when going toward Washington to get MANY more cannon to help in both the attack and the defense.

--Gael

• Like 1