Game-Labs Forum

Ingame messages - deletion

Right now messages which we get in-game when we're logged out, get marked as read after logging into the game. They should be marked as read when user clicks on them to read them.

Issues with current system:

• someone logs in, gets CTD, and looses a message, not knowing he received it (it happened to me multiple times)
  • someone logs in for a moment, logs out, loosing messages
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, vazco said:

Right now messages which we get in-game when we're logged out, get marked as read after logging into the game. They should be marked as read when user clicks on them to read them.

Issues with current system:

• someone logs in, gets CTD, and looses a message, not knowing he received it (it happened to me multiple times)
  • someone logs in for a moment, logs out, loosing messages

Are you losing them in mail or private chat?

I suspected that the chat messages went away so I started using mail but it would be really bothersome if that was vanishing as well.  (Mail, btw, could really use a sent box).

22 hours ago, vazco said:

They're lost in private chat. I don't use mail, and not many people do - it's too cumbersome

It is, but at present the only apparent way to communicate across time zones.  You are correct. This system could use some attention.

I believe that if messages were persistent and could be sent to clan, we could get rid of email altogether, simplifying interface (and work required to build a new interface). It's how it's done in modern communication, eg. Livechat, Facebook's Messenger etc.

ps. I believe we don't even need a history - both in emails and messages.

Edited by vazco

3 hours ago, vazco said:

I believe that if messages were persistent and could be sent to clan, we could get rid of email altogether, simplifying interface (and work required to build a new interface). It's how it's done in modern communication, eg. Livechat, Facebook's Messenger etc.

ps. I believe we don't even need a history - both in emails and messages.

I agree.  The only reason a history would be helpful in email is to keep track of what I sent.  Be nice to not need to use it at all.