Game-Labs Forum

Darth Please UPDATE GOG.com with 1.09 Patch

firefly101

Hello Darth,

Can you PLEASE update GOG.com to have your latest Patched version of the game. Right now it only has 1.08 and I and many others would love to play the Final Patched version 1.09.

Thank you for your game, I knew you from the TWC days. ;-) I was a fellow modder.

Oh ok, so its already updated for the SP game at 1.08 and the Hotfix is fir MP only play. Thats good news. I got the patch Numbers mixed up with Civil War apparently. I didn't know you had another game at the time. Even some reviews used the Wrong name instead of UG: Civil War.

I find that the game is very balanced and fun, but I have only just got the game so I wasn't sure if there were AI fixes needed. You remember the days from TWC with the 1.3 Patch and 1.5 patches. lol

Darth, Have you had anyone successfully play UG: Civil War with XPwin32? I have that system OS and I can play your Gettysburg flawlessly, BUt I didn't know if changes to your new game may require Win7+.

BTW thank you for your fast reply and great game! :-)

I wanted to ask a gameplay question or two if I may?

Have you thought about making the Brigades to form small formations to simulate Regiments instead of the one solid mass?

Have you considered your next project to be Napoleonic Wars?

And in the future titles maybe a side button for formation changes, which column of Divisions etc. would be used in a Napoleonic setting.

Edited by firefly101

Happy to know that all is sorted out!

We don't recommend trying playing UGCW with Windows XP.  Multiple issues can happen, although the game could launch successfully, depending on your system.

Have you thought about making the Brigades to form small formations to simulate Regiments instead of the one solid mass?

This was considered but was dropped as an idea because it would over-complex gameplay for the average player and would deteriorate game performance significantly, since we already offer battles vs many units.

Have you considered your next project to be Napoleonic Wars?

Too early to announce but we can't deny that this era is considered to be the next game of the series.

And in the future titles maybe a side button for formation changes, which column of Divisions etc. would be used in a Napoleonic setting.

Formation variety will be richer in next game, surely. 

• Like 1

Hello Darth,

Sorry for the delay in response, I was away. Thank you for the information, well I know I WILL buy Windows 7-10 just to play a game made by you in the Napoleonic Era. This game is a great little Gem, Your simplifying of the Micromanagement allows for strategy of thought, unlike Sid's older version. Micromanage of a battlefield was not possible at that time.

I was watching an old video of your playing against Agrippa the one where he mentioned the glowing wounds of Shiloh. I never really knew from TWC how good  a commander you are in strategy as I never played you. But Agrippa Left his Flank wide open and I noticed you were nice enough not to exploit that.

Thanks for the game you are going to give me hours and hours of fun with it. I know I had my eye on it for about 1 year when I seen it, but the lack of XP Support scared me away, the mention on your website that it should work convinced me to give it a chance, I am VERY glad I did.

I wish you much success on your next project, and I love your work ethic and making sure the game plays well unlike that monster of RTW we had back in 2005. ;-)

• Like 2