Game-Labs Forum

Authentication error: Steam authentication server error

Bill Adama

Apparently many people have been disconnected from PVP Global and can't log back in? I'm gonna be losing a victory to an NPC fleet, what gives? Why can't I log back in?

Advice/help welcome.

Edit: So, can we get an explanation of why the authentication screwed up and kicked everyone out?

Edited by Bill Adama

5 minutes ago, Bill Adama said:

Apparently many people have been disconnected from PVP Global and can't log back in? I'm gonna be losing a victory to an NPC fleet, what gives? Why can't I log back in?

Advice/help welcome.

I am West Coast US, play on PvP Global as well, and I can get to the shards list, and pick Global, but after saying I am 1 in que, it reports back in Bright Red letters "Authentication Error: Steam authentication server error" and I am stuck and unable to log in to game

• Like 1

i have the same issue - was fine earlier.. (approx 4 hours ago).. but now even logging into PVP EU i have the steam:authentication server error, any ideas on a fix?

current steps taken:

re-logged steam several times. restarted computer, stopped and started explorer.ini in administrator mode. verified game files.

Please can we get help on this topic. 

Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Adama said:

Advice/help welcome.

Edit: So, can we get an explanation of why the authentication screwed up and kicked everyone out?

It is Steam's normal Tuesday maintenance.

It has indeed happened before.  Happens every time steam goes offline.  Look at the history for steam activity.  At that time 0 people were on steam.  Everyone who was online on steam got kicked off.  The steam authentication error means it can't authenticate your steam account with steam.

https://www.issteamdown.com/

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1