Game-Labs Forum

Insta battle escape

Koltes

I have tagged this traders 2 times now and both times soon as the countdown timer finishes and the battle starts he escapes with all his fleet. He said that he has Battle Over right away.
Took a short vid to show. Its still processing. Should be available in about 1,5 hour.
Also F11 it last night.

I was on Surprise.
He was on Indiaman with x2 other Indiaman in his fleet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP6S1EoWeIg

It was player Surprise vs player Indiaman + Indiaman and Endymion as fleet ships. 140 BR vs 625 BR. Since the ratio was more than 4:1, another player was able to leave the instance right away.

• Like 1

There is something that doesn't stick together. I used to attack a guy with 3 Indiaman = 600BR on a 140BR Surprise.
My BR 140x4 = 560 was still lower. Yet I took his india. This one had 625BR. Even if I failed the BR shouldn't my tag to fail instead of dragging me into the battle?
Also are you saying that with x3 fleet perk traders can run 4 Indiaman and have immunity from solo hunters???
That's 800BR and higher than even a 1st rate.

Why fleet is still adding to the BR?
I thought you have found an "elegant" solution of curved BR when basic cutter (over exaggerated example) can attack one player if he is on 1st rate. But to attack group of player you need equal or close BR as the size of the group?

This picture shows the guy who escaped straight after battle started. Supposedly over 1:4 BR though I shouldn't been able to tag him in the first place if thats the case.

18b20k6.png

This one is also over 1:4 BR yet I was able to tag and fight them. This player had 2 india in fleet and he was sailing one india = 600 BR.
6AvFO8E.png

All im saying is that isn't throwing lots of ships into the fleet and receiving immunity will ruin the whole hunting thing? How am I suppose to hunt players if they have immunity? Having my own fleet does not work for me because I cant make my fleet ships as fast as my own due to no skill knowledge on fleet ships. But also as a hunter I cant afford to have more than 1 fleet perk. And I need that fleet perk to tow my trophy, not to drag a ship in fleet just so I can break their BR... :blink:

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, koltes said:

This one is also over 1:4 BR yet I was able to tag and fight them. This player had 2 india in fleet and he was sailing one india = 600 BR.

I believe undercrewing ships lowers BR so that second guy presumably did not have full crew and therefore not enough BR to click out.

2 minutes ago, Slamz said:

I believe undercrewing ships lowers BR so that second guy presumably did not have full crew and therefore not enough BR to click out.

Ok thanks, this explains that. But isn't this just an overlooked mechanic that denies a solo hunter his trophy. I mean I'm taking on 3 4th rate ships on fragile 5th rate already. There is no griefing involved and hunting traders is mean to be the thing in NA. So how come am I denied this?

Traders should have much lower BR so the whole fleet can still be attacked and not used to gain immunity

• Like 1

Fleet BR does not matter in OW tag mechanic, it only does in an instance (old feature). After the next patch (most likely but not 100% at the moment) this feature will be gone - in case you can initiate a battle with player from OW, he won't be able to escape from the instance right away.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ink said:

Fleet BR does not matter in OW tag mechanic, it only does in an instance (old feature). After the next patch (most likely but not 100% at the moment) this feature will be gone - in case you can initiate a battle with player from OW, he won't be able to escape from the instance right away.

Awesome thank you Sir!