Game-Labs Forum

Ship Knowledge

A Rear Adm mission sinking a Santi in it would grant about 700xp.  Since the second knowledge slot take 37000 xp, I have to complete 50+ missions to unlock the 2nd slot.  It will take me a very long time to unlock all 5 slots and I do not expect to ever sail one of the other 1st rates as I don't wish to grind 500 missions a second time.  This makes unlocking slots a PvE grind and turns the game into a second job.  Please up the rewards for the missions or reduce the Knowledge requirements for the lineships.

• Like 6

If we were not starting with all of our XP and Craft XP from our previous grind - this would be a forever grind = many (most?) would see it as a "never" grind.

As it is it is just an "almost forever" grind, totally unacceptable = I have gone on to other games, am not playing, can't face the horrible horrible grind.

-----

Please call this failed experiment what it is and move on ....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Magnum said:

If we were not starting with all of our XP and Craft XP from our previous grind - this would be a forever grind = many (most?) would see it as a "never" grind.

As it is it is just an "almost forever" grind, totally unacceptable = I have gone on to other games, am not playing, can't face the horrible horrible grind.

-----

Please call this failed experiment what it is and move on ....

Agreed, how about the first 3 slot on all ships unlocked for free, and if you want more you grind.

23 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Ship knowledge grind is heavy.

Insanely heavy when you know that you have to do it again after every wipe.

That's why I am only grinding 3 ships, the frigate, the Connie and the bellona.

They really need it to where

1slot = linked to ship class size: Small (6-7), Medium (5-4) and Rated (1-3)

2slot = linked to actual ship rating 7,6,5,4,3,2,1

3-5slot is actual XP earned on that particular ship

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Digital Wind said:

A Rear Adm mission sinking a Santi in it would grant about 700xp.  Since the second knowledge slot take 37000 xp, I have to complete 50+ missions to unlock the 2nd slot.  It will take me a very long time to unlock all 5 slots and I do not expect to ever sail one of the other 1st rates as I don't wish to grind 500 missions a second time.  This makes unlocking slots a PvE grind and turns the game into a second job.  Please up the rewards for the missions or reduce the Knowledge requirements for the lineships.

Why dont we take ship knowledge system and throw in the bin?

• Like 1