Game-Labs Forum

Lost items from cancelled contract

Mamen

Additional to Otto's information you can claim a contract only when you are in the port were you put on the contract. e.g. if you put a contract in Gustavia you cannot claim it when you are in Oranjestad and vice versa.

always claim instead of cancel

the fact the contract is fulfilled or not does not matter ...always claim

otherwise you throw away your goods

Edited by Thonys

I did not delete contract I pressed claim/canceled. I wrote canceled not deleted but thanks for response. Besides even if I would press delete it is retarded that you are loosing your contract goods... why would you like to erase stuff your supposed to sell ?

Capture.PNG

Edited by Mamen

That still stays the same if you are not in the city where the contract is placed.

Think of it that way: You "Claim" the contract but are not physically there - so those goods end on the street and are gone.

Don't think those items and gold directly are sent to your warehouse. Actually I thaught this would be known already.  I mean, the warning is still given.

6 minutes ago, Twig said:

That still stays the same if you are not in the city where the contract is placed.

Think of it that way: You "Claim" the contract but are not physically there - so those goods end on the street and are gone.

Don't think those items and gold directly are sent to your warehouse. Actually I thaught this would be known already.  I mean, the warning is still given.

agree...had some info/warning but then contract should be still up and its not. Its not a big deal I just figure it out that maybe it is good to report it and point it out that some things here would be great if fixed/improved

Edited by Mamen

Nothing anyone else is saying is technically wrong, but if it helps at all, I personally think this is a stupid mechanic that only serves to punish players who don't understand how worse than useless it is. Throwing away money or resources is never a desirable state, and it is never advantageous, so why have it in the game?

And warning shmarning. This game has enough useless warnings that we shouldn't talk down to people if they get in the unfortunate habit of ignoring them.

"CAPTAIN, YOUR TRADE SHIP THAT CAN'T CARRY GUNS HAS NO GUNS."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, greybuscat said:

Nothing anyone else is saying is technically wrong, but if it helps at all, I personally think this is a stupid mechanic that only serves to punish players who don't understand how worse than useless it is. Throwing away money or resources is never a desirable state, and it is never advantageous, so why have it in the game?

And warning shmarning. This game has enough useless warnings that we shouldn't talk down to people if they get in the unfortunate habit of ignoring them.

"CAPTAIN, YOUR TRADE SHIP THAT CAN'T CARRY GUNS HAS NO GUNS."

...exacly... I dont care that much about contract... we still have at least one (maybe two) wipes ahead :D ... improvement in game mechanic that serves player is a win win situation