Game-Labs Forum

Fleet Disappeared

AvroArrow

Greetings,

So far - and after ship wipe - It's been 3 times I attack AI (NPC) fleets with my fleet of 3 Belle Poules.

I chase the cargo ship while my other 2 ships are fighting warships. For any reason the battle between me and trader ship times out so I push ESC key to exit.

When I exit the battle my other 2 ships disappeared.

I've lost so many ships this way and issued in-game tickets (F11 to report bugs) but no action has been taken by developers.

Thanks; but there should be a guise or tutorial to prevent players from such losses.

I spent so much my time to earn gold to buy those ships and then to collect resources to build long canons.

This game is definitely missing a training platform.

Hope developers consider this.

Is there a way I get reimbursed for just this time?

On 6/3/2017 at 3:38 AM, Suricato Rojo said:

You spent 1 and a half hour cheasing an AI trader?
Beside the fleet issue you should reconsider your strategy.
Try to tag it being as close as posible and initally do some salvos of chain aiming its sails to slow it down. 

The battle times out after 1.5 minutes not sure how did u come up with 1.5 HOURs.

Anyways if you have a professional comment/solution I'll be more than happy to have it otherwise I'd rather to hear back from developers.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:54 PM, Ink said:

Please always command to your fleet ships to retreat before you are going to leave a battle

I got to a fight and I retreated my fleet today and the pushed ESC key but I lost my fleet!!! any other suggestion? please note that these are great losses for me.

@AvroArrow

Pretty sure Ink is wrong on this, or at least is leaving out an important detail: when you order your fleet to retreat you need to wait for the ships to actually vanish from the map. You cannot just order them to leave and then pop out. If your fleet ships are still on the map when you exit, they simply surrender and are lost. I think there's even a pop-up warning dialog for this??

For sure this is 100% true and verified in PvP instances. I assume it works the same in PvE.

Specific example:
I spot a British player sailing a Trader Brig with Indefatigable in fleet. I attack.

British player orders the Indef to attack me while he sails away. I'm pretty sure he then ordered the Indef to retreat (it turned away) but I was still shooting it, so it was locked in combat. The British player escaped with his trader and the instant he did this the Indef stopped, displayed a white flag and had 0 crew. I just sailed up and claimed it.

It did not continue to try and retreat or fight or anything. It was lost the moment he exited.

Meanwhile, I frequently run missions with a fleet ship and I have never lost it:

If the battle is completely over, you can exit and keep your fleet ship.
If you order your fleet ship to retreat, and wait for it to vanish, then you can also ESC out and keep your fleet ship.

One time I actually died in combat, my fleet ship continued fighting and won the battle, and then I escaped out. I materialized at the port with my ship dead but the fleet ship was still with me.

So I think everything works correctly, just do not leave a map while your fleet ship is still in the map [unless the fight is won, done and over].

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Slamz said:

@AvroArrow

Pretty sure Ink is wrong on this, or at least is leaving out an important detail: when you order your fleet to retreat you need to wait for the ships to actually vanish from the map. You cannot just order them to leave and then pop out. If your fleet ships are still on the map when you exit, they simply surrender and are lost. I think there's even a pop-up warning dialog for this??

For sure this is 100% true and verified in PvP instances. I assume it works the same in PvE.

Thank you Slamz; you are pointing to a very valid fact.

As I mentioned this game is terribly lacking a tutorial and/or extensive training. If we had such training players like myself could be in the know about the mentioned scenario.

Ink's explanation is true but not enough and he is missing the most of what should've been done (and a little misleading as I did the exact same thing as Ink instructed without knowing I have to wait for my other ships to disappear from the map) and I lost them again just to follow Ink's instructions.

The ships I lost were very valuable to me as it could be to anyone specially in this critical era of the beginning of the new patch.

As I mentioned before, this game is going to be far too frustrating for me and I'm almost done with it.

Looks like developers do not care that much, nor I see a sufficient customer service.

Best Regards