Game-Labs Forum

Lagging rudder commands in OW

Fonsworth

While sailing in Open World my rudder commands are very laggy with a few seconds delay from the time I press the A or D to the time my ship actually turns or stops turning when I release A or D. All other commands, speed, scope, clicking UI, camera movement, frame rate is all fine. It's only the rudder.  (EDIT: It does it on ALL ships!!)  It also seems to do it more while in a basic cutter than when I'm in something else 

Edited by Fonsworth

Huh, thought this was normal, can't even remember whether it was ever different. Annoying for sure, especially for small course corrections.

3 hours ago, Aegir said:

Huh, thought this was normal, can't even remember whether it was ever different. Annoying for sure, especially for small course corrections.

It didn't do it to me when I played last year (that I remember) And my friends are telling me it doesn't do it to them.

3 hours ago, Ink said:

To clarify - do you have any specific input device? Also, did you try different graphic options to test?

I use a regular ol keyboard. Adjusting Graphical or audio settings doesn't work. It's not really a graphical thing.. it's not a frame rate lag, it's my PC or the server doesn't process rudder commands in real time. Rudder commands in open world are delayed like 2-3 seconds, which as the quote above says, is a pain for minor course corrections and at a long distance can put you significantly off course. All other commands are in real-time, my sails, my scope, clicking on ships at sea, etc. Its the rudder only and it's only in open world. It does not do it during a battle instance

Edited by Fonsworth