Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion Battle timer

Nacho

Since always and in all strategy games the "battle timers" had annoyed me heavily. Being forced to rush into that "optimum path" to victory 

Fulfill the objectives in x time or you lose (or the scenario ends) feels artificial even if the logic behind it is totally understandable and cannot be dismissed.

So why not replace it.... in RL battles the main problem of time was the possibility of the enemy getting reinforcement or your side losing a time window...

Then why not build it as that a %... a % that will grow as time passes... that will reach 100% at some point....

That % could be the enemy receiving reinforcements (of variable size maybe?), or a storm that start to fall ending the engagment... so many possibilities...

Having a fixed timer always has made me feel as if the battle is too scripted leaving zero chance of replaybility and randomness...

49 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

I would prefer to have no battle timers at all in the Open World Long Sails - Chasing and Fleeing version of naval action.   If people want to set up battle timers they can do so in the e-sport competitions of Naval ACTION Arena game. 

Sorry, not really sure how changing the timer in Naval Action is going to impact the players of Ultimate General - Civil War.   :D

On 5/7/2017 at 11:50 AM, Nacho said:

Since always and in all strategy games the "battle timers" had annoyed me heavily. Being forced to rush into that "optimum path" to victory ...

Agree and agree. Knowing that "hey, you gotta capture this VP in this phase, 'cause you're not gonna see it again and you're gonna lose" would be helpful in planning.

• Like 1