Game-Labs Forum

Will NA be supported by GeForce Experience after launch?

Norfolk nChance

Geforce experiance actually doesnt help with optimization, all geforce experiance does is set appropriate settings(mix of looks and performance) for your card based on in house testing nvidia has done. Nothing you can't do on your own

• Like 1

Game is not even optimized, zoom in inside ships when you are on OS. There are tons of elements that can be cut and removed to save performance. For example NPC ships carry whole guns, Devs can just remove guns (or cut them in half) and close gunports, add field of view blur etc.. all that can save tons of performance. Only after that they can think about Nvidia Experience and other additions. 

Field of View Blur When sailing (on deck or zoomed out) can look like this. Auto spot feature can auto focus on targets when spotted or simply deactivated when you move mouse. This feature should auto activate when you are not moving mouse for 1 minute. Camera orbit similar to GTA afk camera can be added as well to save overall server/user performance when players sailing afk.

12525-5-1331326201.jpg

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 1

GeForce Experience I think optimizes their drivers to work better with the games. Shogun2 would have been total chaos without it in my opinion.

I agree with Ned its a tad early as I told the new NA customer and gave him my load out. 

Olva not all NA customers will be as well versed as you in tweaking NA. A bit like FSX Gold Edition.. now that was tweaking.

As Peter says GeForce is only for AAA Games, we could even use it even though we are a niche product.

If Admin or Ink could reply I know its early days for this but should be on the cards imo

Norfolk.

4 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Geforce Experience actually optimizes their drivers to be working better with the games... big AAA games, not some niche like NA.

Thats not Geforce Experiance, that is NVidias driver team that does that and it has nothing to do with Geforce experiance.

54 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

GeForce Experience I think optimizes their drivers to work better with the games. Shogun2 would have been total chaos without it in my opinion.

I agree with Ned its a tad early as I told the new NA customer and gave him my load out. 

Olva not all NA customers will be as well versed as you in tweaking NA. A bit like FSX Gold Edition.. now that was tweaking.

As Peter says GeForce is only for AAA Games, we could even use it even though we are a niche product.

If Admin or Ink could reply I know its early days for this but should be on the cards imo

Norfolk.

That is driver it self and is nothing to do with geforce experiance. You are right though with customers not doing a lot of tweaking, but it isnt exactly hard to do. But still, geforce experiance is just about changing settings, i think you guys are mixing driver optimization and geforce experiance. And in the end, i dont believe the devs have any say in this, its all up to NVidia whether they deem it worth it (generally why indies arent often seen)

• Like 1