Game-Labs Forum

Shiloh legendary scaling

Jamesk2

This is the 2nd time I played Shiloh on Legendary. The first time on patch 0.74 I had to improvise a new strategy from the one used in Normal, but in the end it's still a fairly comfortable victory. This time, holy *** it was so hard I had to pull every tricks on the book and still only win with the slightest of breathing room. If the battle lasted 1 more hour in-game I have no doubt I would have been crushed. The only thing that changed was the scaling. I remembered that in the previous patch I would only be slightly outnumbered by the end of the first day, but in this battle, not only did I got outnumbered 2:1 in every aspect, but the enemy also have many 3-star and 2-star brigades. See for yourselves:

Shiloh.png

Lol poor lad. Just fought the same battle on Legendary but with much better odds

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047221884/screenshot/84846256627090734

You probably got a bad dice roll. Legendary has this 'surprise' logic meaning that from time to time the AI will be buffed like crazy on one specific battle. Had to replay stay alert 4 times because of it. Late patch isn't what caused it. 

Tbh looking at your losses you did fairly well there :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Col_Kelly said:

Lol poor lad. Just fought the same battle on Legendary but with much better odds

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047221884/screenshot/84846256627090734

You probably got a bad dice roll. Legendary has this 'surprise' logic meaning that from time to time the AI will be buffed like crazy on one specific battle. Had to replay stay alert 4 times because of it. Late patch isn't what caused it. 

Thanks that explain it. I was wondering why the AI scaling got so ridiculous suddenly. If that's only once per campaign then it's smooth sailing then.

27 minutes ago, Jamesk2 said:

Thanks that explain it. I was wondering why the AI scaling got so ridiculous suddenly. If that's only once per campaign then it's smooth sailing then.

It happens more than once :) . No idea what's the exact formula here tho. 

I just played Shiloh on my newest campaign since the last update. 

I am pleasantly surprised. Even with my weak army builds I can normally close this battle on day 1 as Confederate.  This time I met a much more evenly sized enemy, and one who put up much more resistance. 

On BG, I felt lucky to get a Draw. On day 2 I still had sufficient force to withstand the renewed attacks, many of the Union unit still carried the scars of the previous day's battle. 

All my supplies were spent, all my troops screaming for ammo, which of course hampered their effectiveness, but I was able to hold the blue hoard at their earthworks by the landing when the game ended.

Good battle!

On 3/17/2017 at 6:18 AM, Col_Kelly said:

I agree with the results too! Outnumbered in every category 2 to 1 plus and did outstanding damage. Let me just import those results and call it a win......