Game-Labs Forum

Brigades not firing Volley correctly

Slaithium

I have noticed for some reason that brigades sometimes will not fire a full volley. Like, they will shot one at a time or partially at times. Is this by design or is this a bug? The commander of the unit is not dead and there is nothing obstructing the vision of the unit.

So some feed back on this would be great, thanks.

56 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

I've run into circumstances, a memorable one was during 2nd Bull Run as Union, where a brigade is doing nothing (with no icons or flanked etc. warnings) and I could not even select them, not even to just get statistic readouts on them.

I've seen this behaviour if a unit was on the verge of routing, but not otherwise. I suppose it's a sort of you lose control over your men.

10 hours ago, Slaithium said:

I have noticed for some reason that brigades sometimes will not fire a full volley. Like, they will shot one at a time or partially at times. Is this by design or is this a bug? The commander of the unit is not dead and there is nothing obstructing the vision of the unit.

So some feed back on this would be great, thanks.

I have seen this behaviour before as well with units that had ammo and leaders and everything. I thought it was a symptom of the unit was having difficulty targetting or lining up properly. After the lack of volley, the unit's reload percentage was still close to 100% and could fire very shortly afterwards, so although it was super frustrating, I didn't think it was a bug.

5 hours ago, CaptainKanundrum said:

I've seen this behaviour if a unit was on the verge of routing, but not otherwise. I suppose it's a sort of you lose control over your men.

I have seen this behaviour before as well with units that had ammo and leaders and everything. I thought it was a symptom of the unit was having difficulty targetting or lining up properly. After the lack of volley, the unit's reload percentage was still close to 100% and could fire very shortly afterwards, so although it was super frustrating, I didn't think it was a bug.

The problem I have with some of these responses do either explain the unit behavior that it is concretely that way or not. But from experience when a 2 star and 3 star unit shoot a volley and then start shooting in a non-volley way, with plenty of ammo, 70% or higher morale, commander still alive, and with no obstruction would be have this way does not make sense in the slightest. There needs to be a clear post about this functionality if it is post to be present in the game, if not then it needs to be fixed. A or B in my opinion.