Game-Labs Forum

Is this a game or is it more than a game?

2 hours ago, Liquicity said:

I never did and never will understand why battles should be open to join for a long time. A fair frigate battle, say 3v3, why would you want any major SoL fleet to interrupt that battle?
Open battles will be the death-factor for most solo / small-group pvpers since they'd just get steamrolled by all those huge heavy frigate / SoL fleets, joining their battle after a while when the initial tag was made and every participant had a clear overview of what is going to be in the fight.

I think the current ROE is as good as it gets.  I used to be vocal about the 2 min timers being a horrible system, and I still believe that when we had 2 min timers, it was the worst system we had to date in this game.  There were numerous times I got locked out of battles when I was already out sailing about because I couldn't get to the swords fast enough to join the battle, even battles I saw start right in front of me.  At least with the 2 circle solution, if I am out at sea already, I get pulled in and can participate in the battle.

The problem fox2run is bringing up with the current ROE is the lack of large scale PvP battles, which I do believe we are severely lacking.  The only large scale battles we really have access to today is port battles, but the current hostility system along with the new regional conquest system is throttling port battles way too much.  Instead of having 10-20 (maybe even more) port battles a day with the old flag system, we have 1 or 2 a day and anymore than that in a single day is an anomaly.  Some days there are no port battles scheduled.  Thus, I believe both sides need to be satisfied.  We have the ROE to help small group PvP'ers, now we need to unthrottle port battles and add new conquest mechanics and add new types of conquest battles for large scale/large group PvP'ers.  With the throttling of port battles came the massive decline in the player-base, thus that is where I believe the problems with this game are stemming from. 

Edited by Yar Matey
  • Like 1

Well why don't they shut down pve2 

we finally  get rid of that stuff over there 

they can concentrate on one server perhaps that will speed up some things

they allready have a testbed server so....

Edited by Thonys