Game-Labs Forum

Rookie Recuitment Unclear Behaviour

CaptainKanundrum

Interesting behaviour in camp:

If i purchase a new unit of rookies, the price is the same no matter how many men I recruit into the brigade, as long as I have the chosen weapon in my arsenal. However, when I recruit a new unit of say 1000 men, and I then try to add to my new unit post-creation, it costs money, even if I have the weapon in stock. Is this intended behaviour? and if so, why?

See picture below. Note the lack of choice between Rookie and Veteren, indicating that this is a newly created unit. The morale boost is due to my reputation.

Recruitment.png.c899a11bc07fef708b7228a88d06fec3.png

Besides the Vet vs Rookie selection, what you are paying for initially is the commanding officer.  If he's already in your reserve (i.e. already paid for), and you have the weapons, then a new brigade should be totally free.  But if you are buying the CO, then his cost is his cost, regardless of the number of men.

Edit: took another look at your screenshot and I don't know why it's costing you money other than the bug waldopbarnstormer reports.

Edited by Fred Sanford

7 hours ago, waldopbarnstormer said:

There is a bug that has been reported where if you have your first division first corps brigade set to recruit veterans then it charges you money to recruit rookies for all your other brigades. Just check that the recruiting is set to rookies on your first division and it should be free.

Thanks I didn't know about this bug! This should save me a lot of money

7 hours ago, waldopbarnstormer said:

There is a bug that has been reported where if you have your first division first corps brigade set to recruit veterans then it charges you money to recruit rookies for all your other brigades. Just check that the recruiting is set to rookies on your first division and it should be free.

So that's what causes it . . . . 

Thanks, barnstormer.