Game-Labs Forum

Why are we here?

"The following PSA is not directed at anybody in particular, so don't anyone get their knickers in a knot."

Old codger climbs onto his soapbox... 

I just want to remind people of the role we are at least half expected to fulfill in this early access period of NA. We are supposed to be testers first and foremost. Early access means we have paid, not just for the right to play and test it any old way we please, but mainly for the privilege of enjoying NA first and in return assisting GameLabs avoid the reefs and shoals of bad ideas and exploitable mechanics. We are in an open Alpha, not a closed Alpha that money can't get you into. How we got here, that's really the only difference.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with people defending their right to an opinion. But at times there's no excuse for how that opinion is expressed. It really shouldn't have bothered people as much as it did that exploits got abused to the point of affecting gameplay. The devs needed to be shown how bad it could get and they may have been pushing the envelope to better understand how to deal with it. In those situations the devs will decide when enough is enough and issue a statement to put a stop to it. Until then all's fair in love, war and testing.

On the other hand - it's wonderful to see the efforts currently being made to salvage an enjoyable experience for all nations on PvP2.

Shia Lebeouf approves too

Hopefully we all want to steer NA towards being a game we'll still be playing a year from now or longer. To see NA become a legend among Age of Sail video games and be able to say "You should've seen how bad it was before I got there." ;)

TLDR - remember why we're here and show some class people.

• Like 3

I think the mud tossing is ALLOT less then what i used to be, maybe because of the reduced numbers, I don't know.

This game is just realy easy to upset you, as is probably the same with other OW sand box games like Rust and Dayz. Its something that will be exactly the same after release. People will lose ships and be angry, they'll lose ports and be angry, thats just how it goes.

If we would all be nice to eachother and never make it a little salty it would probably be a boring game. I think sometimes its a big motivation that what you'll be doing will upset the enemy, it'll make you put in the extra effort.

How the hell was what I said against any forum rules.... Come on moderators! 

It's allowed to use veiled insults but it's not allowed to pull back the veil!!

Do I have to go back to stating disclaimers again!! 

Edited by monk33y