Game-Labs Forum

Fix NPC hold! or connect loot quantity to it...

Ned Loe

So I cap Trader Cutter, it carried 556 cotton, but when I take command of a ship and move cargo to the hold it magically won't fit anymore. Months after and we still have to dump cargo overboard? I had to dump 250 tons of cotton in the ocean.

mAB8yP0.jpg

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 3

It was tuned in november or early december - the general ammount of cargo for small traders was aimed to include hold optimization perk, but sometimes it might exceed that number due to random. Further lowering might affect other trader ships cargo (or force to withdraw some materials from the possible loot) in the current mechanic, so sometimes you will have to throw a part of cargo overboard but that cases must happen less than before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ink said:

It was tuned in november or early december - the general ammount of cargo for small traders was aimed to include hold optimization perk, but sometimes it might exceed that number due to random. Further lowering might affect other trader ships cargo (or force to withdraw some materials from the possible loot) in the current mechanic, so sometimes you will have to throw a part of cargo overboard but that cases must happen less than before.

It happened on my first Contraband Trader, why not spawn loot based on ship hold? If we have 3 ships in battle, take the largest hold and connect it to goods, so it wont go over that number. 

Edited by Ned Loe

On 1/19/2017 at 6:59 PM, van der Decken said:

Just be happy you actually got more than what we normally get when capping LGVs and Indis. They seem often to carry only as much as a cutter trader can carry, cheapening the value of capping them.

They try to build realistic game, but you end up with magical 'expanding cargo'. :) At least give us an option to add extra hold space in future. 

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 1