Game-Labs Forum

Hot fix on a saturday

jimcarrel

- Fixed issue with cover.

Well rats. Now I HAVE to redo Fredericksburg and Stones River to lessen my casualty count. :rolleyes:

- AI troops training increased for Stones River South Campaign version (Historically the Confederates were veterans and has to be reflected to make the battle more challenging for the Union player and more possible to trigger 2nd day)

Um... If the units were already 3* brigades on normal, how are you going to increase it even further? :huh:

5 hours ago, Nox165 said:

indeed, its good to near that bugs are getting fixed in a timely matter. But I am a bit lose to why they dont let the whole steam community provided feed back for betas.

I don't know but I can imagine. There is no reason for them to get 200 bug reports on obvious issues that they have to shift through when they could get 10 instead. Almost all of us catch the biggest issues which you would as well, meaning a lot of extra work reading f11 reports, forum posts etc. 

By having few and if I say do myself, rather dedicated testers, they get to catch the biggest issues in beta and can hopefully release a good experience to everyone else, where the minor issues can be found simply because there are so many playing, that someone will stumble over it. 

That's how I would think anyway. More beta testers isn't by default a good thing. 

I think it comes down to what type of testers are being used. if you have more professional testers that can only increase the number of issues your going to be able to find. However, You are right not everyone on steam would make a good tester hence all the redundant feed back. However, the system used now dose not seem really perfect either there are been issues being reported over and over that have not been fixed some of those issue are relatively straight forward.

3 hours ago, Nox165 said:

I think it comes down to what type of testers are being used. if you have more professional testers that can only increase the number of issues your going to be able to find. However, You are right not everyone on steam would make a good tester hence all the redundant feed back. However, the system used now dose not seem really perfect either there are been issues being reported over and over that have not been fixed some of those issue are relatively straight forward.

The issues are straight forward sure, but the solution might not be. Fixing anything can easily break something else f.x. 

I think it works fine the way it does now. It's still a small team that is developing the game so any issue will have to come in priority. 

• Like 1