Game-Labs Forum

Merging Brigades and Weapon Types

GeneralPITA

When merging two or three brigades in a division and they have different rifles, how does the engine handle that? The division officer assumes command, but if the weapons are wildly different, let's say if I merged farmer rifles with fayettevilles, does the superbrigade adopt intermediate stats, or do only SOME of the infantry retain the long range of a Fayetteville and others retain the melee ability of the farmer rifle? 

Just now, sonnypemberton said:

since currently the xp goes to the first brigade, I would say that it treats the unit as the first brigade, and uses their weapons... just a guess.

If so, I have every incentive to put my 400 man Fayetteville brigade as the 1st brigade and 2100 farmer rifles in the 2nd brigade. That's 2100 big time rifle upgrades in an instant. Couldn't possibly work like that, could it? Sounds very exploitable. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GeneralPITA said:

If so, I have every incentive to put my 400 man Fayetteville brigade as the 1st brigade and 2100 farmer rifles in the 2nd brigade. That's 2100 big time rifle upgrades in an instant. Couldn't possibly work like that, could it? Sounds very exploitable. 

Only if someone had sat down and though about the very odd mechanics at work (or not at work as it might be)