Game-Labs Forum

How often do twin officers occur?

Wandering1

Just curious, after finishing my Union run of Antietam (which, I think the reverse scaling made things too easy, but that's another topic), I noticed that it rewarded me with the Iron Brigade, led by John Gibbon.

...Curiously, I got John Gibbon earlier from 2nd Bull Run. Are we supposed to get twins of the generals frequently? :huh:

In the picture, you can see John Gibbon on the left, leading III Corps, while he's also leading the Iron Brigade, on the right.

20161230133858_1.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

I know names are regurgitated between sides.   I play CSA and I've had a couple commanders with union names ... I currently have a brigade commander named Ulysses Grant.  :P

You never know, there could have been a Ulysses Grant on the Confederate side that was the 8th cousin of the one that is much better known... :rolleyes:

Edited by Wandering1

6 hours ago, Wright29 said:

AP Hill pops up for the Confederates for sure. 

Yep, I got him, he's leading my 1st Corps. :)    Longstreet is leading my 2nd Corps.    I got Jackson too but didn't realize it was him, he ended up at the head of a brigade and was killed in Cross Keys if I remember correctly.

Do officers spawn randomly? Some of my favorite brigade commanders never spawn for me, so I can't recreate my favorite brigades.

Harry T Hays, Richard Taylor, William E. Starke, and Henry Benning are a few that I never get.

I would just like to be able to see all the commanders that are not a reward to be already listed in the barracks menu.

Edited by Legioneod

The in-game theory for some particular generals not popping up is that they are in other theaters of the war. It's pretty inconsistent- like why is Forrest running around Antietam, but Earl Van Dorn is not? But I wouldn't read into it too much as it is just a nice flavor they add in.