Game-Labs Forum

Auditory Tones

Andre Bolkonsky

Am I overlooking something. 

I see the banners flash in the top left corner of the map; reinforcements have arrived, a general has been shot, enemy troops are spotted moving up . . . . 

But unless I"m looking there specifically, I don't see them. 

Is there an audible tone that sounds when this occurs I have disabled, or is that something forthcoming? If not, definitely needs to be on the 'To Do' list. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jima said:

Maybe not so much a tone or beep but instead a bugle call or drum and fife sounds to indicate new reinforcements enter the map?

I'd like to hear a Foghorn Leghorn voice announce it, "Sir, I say Sir, our reinforcements have arriiiived"

• Like 3

+1

Yes please, need some kind of indicator.  I rarely ever notice the notices pop up telling me important information.  I don't realize a general is KIA/WIA unless I happen to notice when selecting the unit or on the officers tab at the end of the battle.  Playing on a screen resolution of 2560x1440 those notices are tucked away in the top left where my eyes rarely go.

• Like 1

Actually, I'd prefer that the reinforcements walk a good distance onto the field so that their presence can be spotted on the mini map.  IF not a bugle or drum call, at least a vocalization saying, "Xyz command has arrived on the field for your direction Sir!"

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

Actually, I'd prefer that the reinforcements walk a good distance onto the field so that their presence can be spotted on the mini map.  IF not a bugle or drum call, at least a vocalization saying, "Xyz command has arrived on the field for your direction Sir!"

Exactly. 

Especially when they stop in a giant clump, and you have to spend ten minutes fighting to get them separated and each one given separate marching orders.