Game-Labs Forum

Highlighting units

Jima

If you watch this video at 4:55 he is able to draw a box around several brigades and highlight them like I used to be able to do in UG Gettysburg.  However, I noticed as soon as I started playing UGCV I can no longer highlight anything by drawing a box around them. Not even one brigade. I can draw the box around them, but nothing inside the box gets highlighted. I have to click each individual brigade one at a time and give them orders individually.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited by Jima

I'm not using any special monitor setup. Just one single monitor at 2560x1600.  I've tried going windowed mode but it doesn't make any difference. So I'm taking it that it is confirmed  this is something I should be able to do, but for some reason I can't? it's not something that has been eliminated in a patch which would let me highlight units by drawing a box around them?

• 2 weeks later...

My experience (1920x1280) has been that box-selection works, but usually you must include the entire unit in the box - if the box edge cuts off a few stragglers, it won't select that unit. Conversely, in some cases all you need is a couple of stragglers *in* the box and the unit will be selected. If the units are far away from the camera position, they become unselectable no matter what you do, and also it becomes very difficult to draw an arrow for them - it tends to deselect the unit instead. Since the camera position appears important to this process, I'll bet at higher resolutions the camera is farther away, which exacerbates the problems.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aetius said:

My experience (1920x1280) has been that box-selection works, but usually you must include the entire unit in the box - if the box edge cuts off a few stragglers, it won't select that unit. Conversely, in some cases all you need is a couple of stragglers *in* the box and the unit will be selected. If the units are far away from the camera position, they become unselectable no matter what you do, and also it becomes very difficult to draw an arrow for them - it tends to deselect the unit instead. Since the camera position appears important to this process, I'll bet at higher resolutions the camera is farther away, which exacerbates the problems.

Same experience. Dunno if it exacerbates it but I'm at 4k and it seems very picky