Game-Labs Forum

Units to easily ordered to melee, and shirmishers ai is not good enough

Sandermatt

I just lost a whole unit of sharpshooters, beause instead of shooting they somehow tried to get into melee. I think it is somehow to easy to accidentaly give a melee order and the commands should be more distinguishable. A second problem I have is with the skirmisher ai. THey seem to try to keep a distance to the enemy. However far to often, this results in them retreating out of cover. Also the hold command does not always work. Many times it is really painful to place a skirmisher in some buildings near the enemy units, because they will always immediatly retreat from the building ignoring hold commands.

5 hours ago, Sandermatt said:

I just lost a whole unit of sharpshooters, beause instead of shooting they somehow tried to get into melee. I think it is somehow to easy to accidentaly give a melee order and the commands should be more distinguishable. A second problem I have is with the skirmisher ai. THey seem to try to keep a distance to the enemy. However far to often, this results in them retreating out of cover. Also the hold command does not always work. Many times it is really painful to place a skirmisher in some buildings near the enemy units, because they will always immediatly retreat from the building ignoring hold commands.

I've seen that too. The other thing that I have been complaining about for awhile is that skirmishers won't auto-shoot a lot of the time and needs to be given attack orders. This contributes to them getting into melee because sometimes they'll run up and pursue their target to keep shooting if timing was bad and get caught up in melee with something else.