Game-Labs Forum

Whats your favorite feature so far?

Lord_of_Mordor

I have read as much as i could find on this game (steam page) and i am, to say the least, excited. More so than i was when i purchased UGG. So to the point, i opened this thread so that everyone could share their favorite features, So that, for example: i was so absolutely excited with the fact there are so many battles and maybe missed something like the new army management system i would be able to find out about it here. 

My favorite feature of this ultimate generals game is the amazing amount of historical battles, which hopefully are just as in depth as Gettysburg.  

• Like 1

while i feel they must suffer a tiny bit in the depth, i do however have high hopes that the battles will be amazing. 

As for my favorite feature, hmmmm well i like the idea of minor skirmishes, and commanding your army for reals this time, not that your weren't doing it in the previous title, but now you've got an administration type deal going on. and it's nice, because it reminds me slightly of the way Hearts of Iron 3 had there divisions set up(not really though, two completely different games) while adding the factor of being able to watch and control the battle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michaelsmithern said:

while i feel they must suffer a tiny bit in the depth, i do however have high hopes that the battles will be amazing. 

I think they'll be just as in depth as Gettysburg, it mentions that the battles can last for days and span a large area.

I'm excited about all the different battles they are going to have, I'm curious though because they say there will be 50+ battles but they only list around 39 on the main page, I wonder what the other 11 battles will be? Hopefully the Wilderness, and Spotsylvania will be included.

I'm also excited about the campaign feature and customizing your units.

This game can't come out soon enough:)

Edited by Legioneod

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite part is the weapon of time period. I would like to see the weapons I equip my troops with on the bigger icon in the game. Tiny icon of the musket is not good for me if you ask.  Give me the ability to see the weapon on an image across my computer screen, so I can enjoy the details. It is so easy to do and does +100% to immersion to the game. Seriously, how we can allow this beauty not to be shown? Game devs are doing great job!  but if battles mechanics is the bread, then visuals is the butter of Ultimate General: Civil War. Why all rifles sound the same? Where is representation of difference between a revolver and single shot weapon? Good sound effects always add more immersion use them to flash out the weapons character. 

1860-Henry-BlueCaegoryPage462.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2016 at 6:11 PM, shark said:

Why all rifles sound the same? Where is representation of difference between a revolver and single shot weapon? 

+1

Different sounds for different artillery and rifles, please. Also update the sprites for the big guns, like whitworths and 24 pdrs.

The identical sprites are fine for infantry, it would be hard to distinguish different rifles from afar visually and the resolution is relatively low on max zoom, but cannons should not all look the same in battle. A golden napoleon sticks out like a thumb, but looks like a field gun in the game. Same goes for a 20 pdr parrot, which weighs 1800 pounds and is a logistical challenge, but the game treats it like a nimble 6 pdr. Speaking of the 20 pdr, I'd recommend boosting it's accuracy and giving it a movement penalty. 

Different uniforms for Zouaves etc seems very manpower demanding on the technical end, but updating the sprites for different cannons would be manageable and putting in more realistic sounds for different weapon types is possible, yes?

I love creating and maintaining my own army. Choosing officers, weapons, replenishing with recruits, etc. It's really fun watching your army become more seasoned and better equipped as the war progresses. Civil War Generals II, probably my second favorite Civil War game (after this one), had a feature where you could equip your armies, but your options for officers were limited, and you couldn't recruit new units or replenish old ones. UGCW's army management is just so dang fun!