Game-Labs Forum

Fair events

So i was having some discussions on other topic abou events and how the way that events has been done was unfair and didn't gave everyone a chance to get the prizes, i play World of Tanks and World of Warships, and what wargaming is doing for a good time now is giving some good premium ships and tanks in events, and the way that events are made over there are a good way to do it.
First the events run for an entire month, and in that month you have some tasks to do, i world of warships is about damage, and in world of tanks is about kill.
In Naval action could be about kills or damage, but if you do it in pvp you get a multiplier. Lets say, in one giving month the requirements to get a ship blueprint is geting 300k damage, inf you do it in pvp you get a multiplier of 3x so you need to do only 100k. Or something like that.. i think that is a good way to give everyone a chance to win and you could do not only with damage, you can do it with cargo, with kills, with treasure hunting.

Edited by ArmoredKorps
  • Like 2

I do agree that Events must be an equal opportunity for everyone. We do have all time zones here playing, we have people with full time jobs and people with limited free time. So, how can Devs make events comfortable for everyone? 

Suggestion 

Daily Solo Events and Daily Group Events

Daily events are like unfulfilled missions. Players log in, pick up the letter that is Auto delivered to them. Inside they will find 2 Fleet Orders. One for solo Fleet and One for Group. They can discard them if they want. *Note you can only get rewards from one of 2. Group event will get you more xp, gold and rare drop, but much smaller quantity.

-Solo Fleet Event is basically same as we have now, but with an interesting NPC inside the mission. It's agressive, so players should be prepared. Basic drops will be available. Once you defeat the NPC it will drop few things:

1) Event Currency (Account Bound)

2) Treasure Map

3) Fine Materials

etc..

Once you complete a solo Daily Event it's Disabled for another 24 hours from time when it was picked up. 

Group Daily Event means you will have all your loot split with your group members who helped you finish the event. Same thing, but less rewards for you. Event is Automatically becomes harder based on group numbers. Players who already completed Daily Event will only get xp+gold and be able to help their friends get the Daily rewards. More players =rare drops + harder NPCs. So, it's better to do Events with as many people as possible. 

Weekly Events 

They spawn 4 times per day for a week and announced by Server Warning. Morning, Afternoon, Evening and After Midnight. Once completed you can't get rewards from events, but you can help your friends. Simply put, take 24 hour cycle and divide by 4. Weekly events are group events and require at least 6 guys. If players can't find a group other players can join their open battles as well as enemies. Event requirements listed.

Such events should be epic strong NPC fleets. 

Rewards should include:

-rare blueprints

-ship paint

-ship decorations

-rare materials

etc.. 

Summary, Daily events are delivered my mail and are optional. They get reset every 24 hours. Weekly events announced by devs/server 4 times a day for a week and require group participation and work. Once completed you need to wait for a week before reset, but you can still help other people get their rewards by fighting in those events. 

Event currency accumulated and can be used in Premium Shop. Currency gain is very small and requires about 30 daily events will get you (ship paint or other small item) and 15 Weekly events (Rare Ships and items). Events to get something good from the Shop.

Hearthstone style - Want it quick? purchase it, want it free? participate in Events.  ;)

What do you think?

• Like 9

I do agree that Events must be an equal opportunity for everyone. We do have all time zones here playing, we have people with full time jobs and people with limited free time. So, how can Devs make events comfortable for everyone? 

Suggestion 

Daily events are like unfulfilled missions. Players log in, pick up the letter that is Auto delivered to them. Inside they will find 2 Fleet Orders. One for solo Fleet and One for Group. They can discard them if they want. 

-Solo Fleet Event is basically same as we have now, but with an interesting NPC inside the mission. Once you defeat the NPC it will drop few things:

2) Treasure Map

3) Fine Materials

Once you complete a solo Daily Event it's Disabled for another 24 hours from time when it was picked up. 

Group Event means you will have all your loot split with your group members who helped you finish the event. Same thing, but less rewards for you. Event is Automatically becomes harder based on group numbers. 

Weekly Events 

They spawn 4 times per day for a week and announced by Server Warning. Morning, Afternoon, Evening and After Midnight. Once completed you can't get rewards from events, but you can help your friends. Simply put, take 24 hour cycle and divide by 4. Weekly events are group events and require at least 6 guys. If players can't find a group other players can join their open battles as well as enemies. 

Rewards should include:

-rare blueprints

-ship paint

-ship decorations

-rare materials

etc.. 

Summary, Daily events are delivered my mail and optional. They get reset every 24 hours. Weekly events announced by devs 4 times a day and require group participation and work. Once completed you need to wait for a week before reset, but you can still help other people get their rewards by fighting in those events. 

Thats even better!

I like the month long event idea with a limit.  from the time you earn your first point of the day you only have an hour to earn points for that 24 hour period.  Honestly, I don't want people to get rewards just because they play 20 hours a day.. and people will.  

• Like 1

I like the month long event idea with a limit.  from the time you earn your first point of the day you only have an hour to earn points for that 24 hour period.  Honestly, I don't want people to get rewards just because they play 20 hours a day.. and people will.  

Yes, once players complete their Event they can't get anymore rewards. System should know if you have done it already. All they can do is help their friends, get XP + Gold. They will need to wait for a reset if they want rewards again. 

• Like 1

Suggestion 

Daily events are like unfulfilled missions. Players log in, pick up the letter that is Auto delivered to them. Inside they will find 2 Fleet Orders. One for solo Fleet and One for Group. They can discard them if they want. *Note you can only get rewards from one of 2. Group event will get you more xp, gold and rare drop, but much smaller quantity.

-Solo Fleet Event is basically same as we have now, but with an interesting NPC inside the mission. It's agressive, so players should be prepared. Basic drops will be available. Once you defeat the NPC it will drop few things:

2) Treasure Map

3) Fine Materials

etc..

Group Daily Event means you will have all your loot split with your group members who helped you finish the event. Same thing, but less rewards for you. Event is Automatically becomes harder based on group numbers. Players who already completed Daily Event will only get xp+gold and be able to help their friends get the Daily rewards. More players =rare drops + harder NPCs. So, it's better to do Events with as many people as possible. 

Weekly Events 

They spawn 4 times per day for a week and announced by Server Warning. Morning, Afternoon, Evening and After Midnight. Once completed you can't get rewards from events, but you can help your friends. Simply put, take 24 hour cycle and divide by 4. Weekly events are group events and require at least 6 guys. If players can't find a group other players can join their open battles as well as enemies. Event requirements listed.

Rewards should include:

-rare blueprints

-ship paint

-ship decorations

-rare materials

etc.. 

Summary, Daily events are delivered my mail and are optional. They get reset every 24 hours. Weekly events announced by devs/server 4 times a day for a week and require group participation and work. Once completed you need to wait for a week before reset, but you can still help other people get their rewards by fighting in those events. 

Event currency accumulated and can be used in Premium Shop.

What do you think?

All your ideas are awesome. Devs, if you're reading this, add it to the next patch.

• Like 1

..Continued

It would be nice to hear what Developer has in mind before they release it again. If they just tune old Events and keep them the same as they used to be, imho they will fail again. Players clearly asking for more. Basically old events never had a good reward after long term participation, no collectibles and mission chains. Major parts of a successful long term Event system. 

1). Participation partial Reward

Reward players for joining and trying. If they couldn't beat an Event they should still get something small for trying.

2). Collectibles

Events should drop collectibles. Puzzles/pieces that players have to piece together in order to exchange for something nice. 

3). Mission Drops

A bottle or a treasure map. Treasure Fleet location that drops rare materials. All this gives players something to do and they will feel great and come back to play more!

4). Simple junk loot! 

Honestly I will be happy to see my ships hold is filled with at least that and I will be happy. Captain Returning home with Jewels and Diamonds posting in chat what he found is priceless.  ;)