Game-Labs Forum

Pickett's Charge 3rd Day Still Unrealistic

WesleyBarras

I think Pickett's Charge is still very unrealistic. Seminary Ridge needs to be moved back. It's just far to easy for full brigades to get close to the Union line, in tact. When the first lines are charging, I barely get one round of artillery fire off before they are at the stone wall. 

We all know that half of them were blown up by the time they got back the fences (where are they btw). This is 

The recent patch has made this better. The Union troops now seem to get more short range firepower on their side which evens the odds a little bit.

But the artillery never has a change to do its job because in a matter of 60 seconds, they're at the stone wall. 

post-4651-0-03542200-1412830652_thumb.jpg

post-4651-0-37557600-1412831044_thumb.jpg

The map seems to be scaled correctly so it may be that the infantry in line is moving too far too fast - as others have commented in the past.

Part of this issue is that the fences that presented obstacles, delaying movement and forcing the CSA to dress their lines in their approach, are not on the map.

My observation is that the distance for launching a "Charge" is too far.  Charges were usually ordered in the final 50 yards.  Charges disrupted cohesion and if you charged for 100 or 300 yards you would be both worn out and disorganized when you hit the enemy line.