Game-Labs Forum

PvP fleets

Ok, we do not like the fleets that much but...

What if...

Pretty often it would be nice to go and find some OW PvP.  The issue is that it can take 2 hours and you did not find anything.  Or you have to sail 20 minutes there and another back, total of 40 minutes.  If I had 90 minutes to play one evening, and I just lost almost half from it, by just sailing to the OW PVP area.

So...

Someone has 2 ships in his fleet, and he goes to sail because of A.  He gets attacked, and he "opens" those fleet ships to be played by other players.  For example from the same clan.

Either so that the fleet ship is replaced by the clan mates own ship, that is the same type.  If there is a Renomee, the player needs a Renomee to join the fight.  Or, he plays with the fleet owners ship, what ever he has there.

I admit that I have not been thinking every possible issue that this could bring.

#NoAIFleets

I agree actually.  What if those would need actual players to play those, instead of just AI.  Could be even so that if you have none to take those in command, those would not join the battle. Or will join as reinforces when people take command.  Could be invited in the battle, or people from the same group could take command.

More PvP, faster PvP, you can just sit in the port and jump in the fight.  I kinda hate the whole idea already, but...  Maybe it would just make things more playable.  I know already guys who quit NA because of long distance sailing.  I know a guy, with who I sailed 2 hours without a single fight.  Indeed, has not been asking to join the second time, told that the game is just f*ing boring.

The game needs a dedicated Saturday and very late gaming, then you or at least I can really enjoy from NA in its current form.

20 minutes to go there, 40 minutes battle, 20 minutes back (a scenario from "good" and "fast" evening).  People have work/school/kids/etc., so... Makes to think options.  This is also a thing that most probably would affect to the player base size.

If someone says that I am in a fight just N from MT.  You are already too late.  If I would be the belligerent, I would hate if someone could leave the port to help the guy.  But if I would see that a guy with a Frigate + 2 Frigates in fleet, I could in OW think if I want to challenge 1-3 Frigates.

Fleet ships could be even used without perks and upgrades.  With fixed cannon setup like for example only mediums.  I definitely would go to have fun in this kind of fight.

I think I have been sailing once the whole evening, without a fight.  That was indeed amazingly exciting Friday evening.  So it is not surprising that many sail directly to Jamaica atm.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ