Game-Labs Forum

Admission of guilt (non Naval Action)

Skully

(A topic with that title under my name, surely must receive lots of clicks. If so, then I finally learned to get a topic title right. :P)

A real life story:

I'm currently negotiating terms of a lease contract between two parties.

Neither party wants to file for a lease permit at the municipality.

Both parties want an admission to this from the other party in the contract.
(As to assert liability and damages.)

I'm trying to convince both parties that any admission of guilt makes them both equally liable. :D

(So it is better not to put in the contract any mention of the lease-permit. But I'm not allowed to advocate that, now am I? :P:ph34r: )

• Like 1

(A topic with that title under my name, surely must receive lots of clicks. If so, then I finally learned to get a topic title right. :P)

A real life story:

I'm trying to convince both parties that any admission of guilt makes them both equally liable. :D

(So it is better not to put in the contract any mention of the lease-permit. But I'm not allowed to advocate that, now am I? :P:ph34r: )

Just wondering; are you a lawyer? 

A real life story:

I'm not exactly sure what your exact job description in this matter is, but would suggest this:

You say that you can neither advocate for one side or the other, correct?

Would there be any prohibition from you speaking in hypothetical terms?  Not specifically speaking about one party or the other but simply making suggestions of a hypothetical nature and allow them to read into it?

• Like 1